Ray Mercer Believes MMA Fighters Are Ducking Him

Everyone that stands with him will lose and everyone that takes him down will win. He's too old to have a real MMA career and this hype will only last until he signs his next fight and gets beat in 30 seconds.

Mercer = the most avoided man in MMA.

Mercer has a ton of heart...unless you kick him in the face then he'll quit.

Its a shame MMA fighters aren't willing to give Merciless Ray his pay-day.  The man is near 50 and will be retiring soon.

I can see how his undefeated record and 9 second destruction of 2 time UFC champion Tim Sylvia would be cause for concern.

CAMEL KILLER -  He will KO anyone that stands with him.  Your only chance would be to take him down and sub him.

Which gives pretty much everyone who ever wrestled a day in their life a good chance to beat him considering Kimbo did just that.

musashi beat mercer in a standup only fight. gegard mousasi, who is much lighter destroyed musashi in k-1.
mercer quit after taking one solid kick from bonjasky.

mercer is not going to be some untouchable wrecking machine on the feet. if he actually fought someone with some defense and solid kicks/range, he'd run into trouble.

sylvia has been dropped by couture... perhaps the only fighter couture has dropped with punches

Ray Mercer is a trusting soul, who in his prior K-1 and "MMA" (exhibition) bouts had trusted his opponents to fight under the rules set forth by the Marquess of Queensberry.  Unfortunately, he was shanghaied in each encounter.

Tim Sylvia's low kick was the breaking point.  Mercer knows the name of the game now, and will finish each fight with a quick one-shot to the noggin.

I think squared circle is correct.

Ray seems to have figured out that you don't need to establish the jab when you can run right in and throw heavy right away.

I think squared circle is correct.

Ray seems to have figured out that you don't need to establish the jab when you can run right in and throw heavy right away.

well you'd think after taking 300 kicks or so from musashi, he might consider that maybe bonjasky, primarily known for his knees and kicks, would make use of them as well in his next fight.

and are you saying that if he knew they were going to throw kicks, things would go differently?

DeanLister - I would love to fight him.

I'm surprised he would think this and especially why he would say this???

I'm not an idiot, I would put him on his head and then make him tap, please let me go, I actually need both of my arms.

well ya know, maybe we all need 2 arms.
I would pay to watch this fight.

But Dean, didn't you swear a blood oathe to trane Stand & Wang?

Mercer is delusional.

Sounds like Mercer's been lurking on the UG.

This is all your fault!

Had he had 4 ounce glves on he might have neded Musashi in the 2nd.

Okay Mercer does come off as a little crazy but it's just as crazy for any of you to say that pretty much anybody with any wrestling skill is going to just take him down and beat him.

Yes, Dean Lister would own Ray Mercer in MMA. The difference between him and the rest of you is that he's Dean Lister and you're not.

Kimbo was able to take him down but Kimbo is also 240 pounds of muscle and he'd been actively training with a bunch of top MMA trainers.

If Ray Mercer lands a punch on almost any of you you'd be queer for the rest of your lives

Ponyboy - I think squared circle is correct.

+ 1

16-10HangEmUp - Okay Mercer does come off as a little crazy but it's just as crazy for any of you to say that pretty much anybody with any wrestling skill is going to just take him down and beat him.

Yes, Dean Lister would own Ray Mercer in MMA. The difference between him and the rest of you is that he's Dean Lister and you're not.

Kimbo was able to take him down but Kimbo is also 240 pounds of muscle and he'd been actively training with a bunch of top MMA trainers.

If Ray Mercer lands a punch on almost any of you you'd be queer for the rest of your lives

name one ufc hvwt in UFC that has been training mma that cant take him down...Kimbo would have been the first n only logic one considering his span n time in mma at the time...after kimbo there is noone with less experience already in UFC . = mercer taking down to gnp'd...even most of the LHW would take him down...what makes u think if kimbo could doit that more experienced guys couldnt.

u dont have to be no DEAN LISTER pedigree to do it as kimbo prove easily enough. ...Hell I CAN take him down.

Squared Circle -

Tim Sylvia's low kick was the breaking point.  Mercer knows the name of the game now, and will finish each fight with a quick one-shot to the noggin.

after Timmy landed that low kick, you see Mercer telling Timmy to box with him as agreed upon before that sudden change of the boxing rules to MMA rules..

supersaiyan - 
16-10HangEmUp - Okay Mercer does come off as a little crazy but it's just as crazy for any of you to say that pretty much anybody with any wrestling skill is going to just take him down and beat him.

name one ufc hvwt in UFC that has been training mma that cant take him down...Kimbo would have been the first n only logic one considering his span n time in mma at the time...after kimbo there is noone with less experience already in UFC . = mercer taking down to gnp'd...even most of the LHW would take him down...what makes u think if kimbo could doit that more experienced guys couldnt.

u dont have to be no DEAN LISTER pedigree to do it as kimbo prove easily enough. ...Hell I CAN take him down.
Maybe my post was a little unclear. By mentioning Kimbo my point was that pretty much any large athletic man with any sort of MMA training could take Ray Mercer down. My point is that most MMA heavyweights fit that mold, but the basement battleground warriors posting on this thread like Ray Mercer is a joke are delusional if they think that any random dude who knows how to execute a double leg takedown is going to whup Ray Mercer.

I agree with you 100 percent that pretty much every heavyweight in the UFC or even MMA in general would pretty much be able to take Ray Mercer down at will. Yes, even most of the LHW's, MW's and even some of the welterweights and lightweights could probably do it.

My point was directed more towards the keyboard warriors who are talking about Ray Mercer like he's some kind of joke that would get tooled by anybody who's ever stepped foot onto a wrestling mat or a bjj school.

I'm sure that if Mercer just stood there and tried to defend takedowns all day long that any decent high school wrestler who weighs at least 160 pounds could take Mercer down at ease. The difference is that the guy was at one time in his life an ELITE heavyweight boxer and in a fight would demolish pretty much anyone that doesn't spend the majority of their time seriously dedicating themselves to training MMA, which Kimbo had done.

they should have put ray on this season of tuf and had him fight kimbo first