Razors are a conspiracy.

How did modern disposable razors and canned shaving cream ever replace the safety razor and brushed soap? I got my safety razor a couple weeks ago and am amazed at how much closer it shaves for pennies on the dollar compared to disposable razors. The blades are so cheap you can use a fresh astra every time. So irritation. Even works perfectly on your balls.

Fuck you Gillette. 

Cutting edge topic.

CormierCumminsideme -

consipracy? maybe in the literal sense but not really.

racket? absolutely.

How did they convince the public to buy a much more expensive and inferior product though? 

I agree with you OP, but it isn't a conspiracy.

You can rake 5 blade disposable across your face against the grain while pressing against your face like you are trying to snap the handle and not cut yourself.

A safety razor you have to just use the weight of the handle, and make two passes. One with the grain, and one across the grain.

IT is faster and more convenient to use a disposable and some foan then to use quality cream or soap and a solid safety razor.

I use a Merkur adjustable myself, with feather blades. Currently using Rapha cream which has herbs plucked from Mt Ventoux in Provence. PRior to Rapha Proraso was my go too.

I've gone back to a straight razor myself... Though I do use a disposable to shave my nutsack.

I’ve always wanted to try a straight razor.

My razors are all faggy and shitt

I use blue Gillette razors on my nuts, Wahl beard trimmer on my face. I like a straight razor shave but not going near my ball bag with one of them.

TFK_Kaneman82 -

How did modern disposable razors and canned shaving cream ever replace the safety razor and brushed soap? I got my safety razor a couple weeks ago and am amazed at how much closer it shaves for pennies on the dollar compared to disposable razors. The blades are so cheap you can use a fresh astra every time. So irritation. Even works perfectly on your balls.

Fuck you Gillette. 

What brand did you get and where? Was it hard to transition from desposable razors to the safety razor? I try to stay cleanly shaven and have used disposable razors for 30 years. At times they can cut, pull, and make abrasions and I believe it happens most of the time due to the cheap blades. I've been thinking about going the route you have for a while. Any feedback is appreciated.

Zned -

I agree with you OP, but it isn't a conspiracy.

You can rake 5 blade disposable across your face against the grain while pressing against your face like you are trying to snap the handle and not cut yourself.

A safety razor you have to just use the weight of the handle, and make two passes. One with the grain, and one across the grain.

IT is faster and more convenient to use a disposable and some foan then to use quality cream or soap and a solid safety razor.

I use a Merkur adjustable myself, with feather blades. Currently using Rapha cream which has herbs plucked from Mt Ventoux in Provence. PRior to Rapha Proraso was my go too.

Taylor of Old Bond Street or Proraso for pre shave and soap? 

headroll -
TFK_Kaneman82 -

Fuck you Gillette. 

What brand did you get and where? Was it hard to transition from desposable razors to the safety razor? I try to stay cleanly shaven and have used disposable razors for 30 years. At times they can cut, pull, and make abrasions and I believe it happens most of the time due to the cheap blades. I've been thinking about going the route you have for a while. Any feedback is appreciated.

I got a cheap one off Amazon to start but I'm upgrading my soap,  brush and razor now. Check this site out...

http://www.primandprep.com/

Buy a Merker. Unless you are a teenager, then keep the gimmick setups.