RB Matt Forte calls it a career

32 years old. A career-low 381 rushing yards for the Jets in 2017. For his career, he winds up with 9,796 yards over 10 seasons split between the Bears and the Jets.

Would have been nice for him to reach 10,000 yards. Oh well.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22604985/matt-forte-former-chicago-bears-new-york-jets-running-back-announces-retirement 

He was a fucking work horse. 

Is 10,000 yards really good?

Jack Carter - 

Now it is since the league emphasizes passsing. 

Jack Carter -

1,000 total yards for 9 consecutive years is damn impressive. 

Decent hands too.

His final season was the only season he had less than 1k yards from scrimmage. That's pretty incredible imo. 

trobinson21 -
William H Macy -

He was a fucking work horse. 

Yep, his touches some of those years in Chicago were insane, he would have 25 rushes for 125 and 10 catches for 95, just a consistent back good on all 3 downs.

And didn't fumble the ball. 

Loved Forte, a few years ago be carried me to a fantasy championship. I was playing my brother for title and Forte was going off and we were watching that game. I kept singing Forte the way they sang Cote on Ultimate Fighter and he was getting pissed. Lol

He was totally underrated outside of Chicago for the most part

PatK -

He was totally underrated outside of Chicago for the most part

This.   

If he would have ever had a decent team around him you would have heard a lot more. 

A 3 down back with enough power to run downhill, great hands to catch a ball out of the backfield , and an above average blocker.  The blueprint for a great RB. 

I cant stand the Bears but he is an amazing talent.  

Love the guy.... my 4 y/o daughter wears her Forte bears jersey with pride!!!

Spectacular as a receiver coming out of the backfield 

Got a forte signed pennant hanging above my desk at work. Met him a few times. Pretty shy guy. He came to my work for a thanksgiving dinner or Christmas (I forget) and came and sat at my table with some of the kids (abused and neglected from the city). Anyway one of the kids asked forte if he would pass a message on to Brandon Marshall telling him “he sucked”. Forte laughed and said you tell him and whipped out his phone and called him up and passed the kid the phone. Funny as shit. The next year, Brandon came to the dinner and sat at the table with the same kid and gave him shit the entire time. 

ChicagoTom -

Got a forte signed pennant hanging above my desk at work. Met him a few times. Pretty shy guy. He came to my work for a thanksgiving dinner or Christmas (I forget) and came and sat at my table with some of the kids (abused and neglected from the city). Anyway one of the kids asked forte if he would pass a message on to Brandon Marshall telling him “he sucked”. Forte laughed and said you tell him and whipped out his phone and called him up and passed the kid the phone. Funny as shit. The next year, Brandon came to the dinner and sat at the table with the same kid and gave him shit the entire time. 

Lol that's awesome 

Slydawg -
ChicagoTom -

I love stories like this, keep talking.

That’s my only story lol. 

Since Forte entered the league in 2008, no other back produced as many yards from scrimmage (14,468) than he did. The next closest is LeSean McCoy with 13,470 yards. Forte is also one of just six running backs in NFL history with over 9,000 rushing yards and 4,500 receiving yards. Four of those six are Hall of Famers: Walter Payton, Marshall Faulk, LaDainian Tomlinson and Marcus Allen. The other is Tiki Barber.