RC car/truck thread

Ive never owned any, but I'm in the market for one.
Right now I'm eyeing the Traxxas brand stuff. They're electric and you can beat the piss out of them.
Any suggestions from you guys about brands, quality vs cost or any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated.

Being a total newb ive recently learned the different classes for them. I think I'm gonna get a Slash series from Traxxas because its easily modified into whatever I want to make it and isn't a ton of money ($3-350). After learning that I'd like to get a couple Stampede versions as those are more the monster truck type.

Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

4 Likes

Grow up OP

4 Likes

DAMN YOU SMIFFY! I knew it

2 Likes

Hahaha love you buddy. When I visit I'll bring mine :)

1 Like

I have a nitro traxxas T max, its awesome.

hasnt have a problem yet, and I bash it pretty good with all kinds of monster jam style jumps and obstacles

1 Like

I have a traxxas rustler vxl and its fun to drive but Get ready to spend cash and time fixing it.

They are unforgiving with accidents at faster speeds. I suggest getting aluminum shock tower, castor blocks etc as they are what always seem to break

1 Like

T maxx's are badass but I believe run around the $1000 range out of the box. Looks to be well worth the money though.

My friend that turned me onto these things has a Rustler and said the same thing. Fast as hell but with that speed comes more repairs because if you wreck its a bad one.

What's a better than stock controller but not some overkill one that comes in a metal case. I want something thats also compatible with numerous cars and brands.

1 Like

Ive been leaning towards these.

I first seen them at a supercross driving on the track. It was pretty impressive

1 Like

Don't worry about controllers yet. Get comfortable driving and spend your money on spare parts as you will break shit

1 Like

I have a brushless e-revo 1/16th running on a 3s lipo battery. It jacks wheelies like it's going out of style and probably goes 65mph

1 Like

We used to race them every Friday night at a local hobby shop dirt track. RC10's were pretty cool back then 

1 Like

I used to have a nitro rustler and a nitro tmaxx. Both were fun but a little more work to maintain. 

1 Like

ABCTT_Fister - Ive been leaning towards these.

I first seen them at a supercross driving on the track. It was pretty impressive

they flip easy

ChicagoTom - 

I have a brushless e-revo 1/16th running on a 3s lipo battery. It jacks wheelies like it's going out of style and probably goes 65mph

I have a savage Flux with 6s and a mini 16th savage with 3s. It's gobs of power. Love the revos. I may grab one this summer.

1 Like

Slash 4x4. I have so much fun with that thing. It's a great hobby. Drive it. Break it. Fix it. Repeat.

Get a ready to run one with the controller included if you are not yet comfortable with messing with receivers and transmitters. Though its super easy to learn and there's enough online resources out there.

I have a 2wd and 4wd Traxxas Slash and we beat the hell out of them

They are awesome and easy to fix or upgrade

Brushless motor and a few batteries and enjoy.

I've got like 10 different ones.

1/8 scale monster trucks are the best.  I have an erevo but it breaks all the time.  The thunder tiger mt4-G3 is the best bang for the buck, but parts are hard to get.  But that's ok because it never fucking breaks.

Go buy rocket league, if you like rc you'll like this video game. 

I have a few nitros. Revo, rustler and a Mugen but I think if I did it again I'd go brushless. I love tinkering with the engines but it all ends up being too expensive. Got out of the hobby about 5 years ago.