RDA fined 'significant' amount for violating....

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/1/11/10753020/rafael-dos-anjos-fined-significant-amount-by-ufc-for-violating

Rafael dos Anjos fined 'significant' amount by UFC for violating Outfitting Policy

The UFC has docked one of its champions for not wearing the proper Reebok apparel during a fight week activity.

Rafael dos Anjos, the UFC lightweight champion, was fined a "significant" amount for violating the promotion's Athlete Outfitting Policy at UFC on FOX 17 weigh-ins Dec. 18, sources told MMA Fighting.

Dos Anjos (25-7) was wearing an Evolve MMA shirt briefly before hitting the scale. The Brazilian trains part of the time at Evolve in Singapore, along with Kings MMA in Huntington Beach, Calif. The Evolve website lists dos Anjos as an instructor and says he has been part of the team since 2009. Dos Anjos has a close relationship with Evolve owner Chatri Sityodtong.

Donald Cerrone and Nate Diaz, both of whom also fought at UFC on FOX 17 in Orlando, have been public about being fined by the UFC for violating the Outfitting Policy. Cerrone said Monday on The MMA Hour that he was penalized "quite a bit more" than $5,000 for wearing a piece of an American flag sewn onto his fight shorts. Diaz implied in a tweet Sunday night that he was fined for wearing jeans at weigh-ins.

The UFC has not spoken out on either situation. When reached by MMA Fighting, dos Anjos' manager Ali Abdel-Aziz declined to comment.

UFC senior vice president of global consumer products Tracey Bleczinski told MMAjunkie last week that three fighters from UFC on FOX 17 were fined for "serious" infractions of the Athlete Outfitting Policy. She didn't mention any names. Twelve others were warned since the uniform deal with Reebok went into place in July, Bleczinski said. Fighters and coaches are not allowed to wear apparel other than Reebok during fight week and in the Octagon, the policy stipulates.

Dos Anjos beat Cerrone via first-round TKO in the main event of UFC on FOX 17 to retain his lightweight title. He has held the belt since beating Anthony Pettis at UFC 185 in March 2015.

UFC champions make $40,000 from the Reebok deal per fight. Challengers, like Cerrone, make $30,000.

Fucked up when you can't even wear jeans. Phone Post 3.0

The persons from reebok who finalize and authorize these fines, need the living shit beat out of them on a daily basis. Like dunked on their skull and followed up by hammer fists like shogun x arona or Mac x Joezay so they know with whom they're dealing with and what's really on the line Phone Post 3.0

I don't understand what the problem is he's wearing the gay reebok underwear sporting wood for 3D effects. He should get extra for that.

We will see a lot more of this. It is simply a matter of math. Companies will just say "hey we will pay you whatever your fine is plus $X . Fighters will then say "F-you pay me"

Fighters should find the tattiest, ugliest piece of Reebok gear they can find and wear that shit. Phone Post 3.0

BuckWild - We will see a lot more of this. It is simply a matter of math. Companies will just say "hey we will pay you whatever your fine is plus $X . Fighters will then say "F-you pay me"

For 2 seconds during the weigh-ins? You think they'll give them a 5 figure number for that?

In fact, he probably GAVE evolve money instead, since its his gym.

CookedAndBombed - Fighters should find the tattiest, ugliest piece of Reebok gear they can find and wear that shit. Phone Post 3.0

I, personally haven't seen one quality mma-related, reebok product, please send me a link if you have..

I don't think these guys did it on purpose (jeans? muay thai patch?) and the champ can't even wear his own t-shirt, at the ..WEIGH-INS.

The UFC fired their CUTMAN over a reebok-related TWITTER POST.

Do you really think fighters have any say what they wear and how much they must love it?

Cowboy shouldn't have said shit about the charity, if he knew what was best for him, that's how low these people are.

This Reebok shit is EMBARRASSINGLY bad. It's seriously awful. The clothes and "kits" are atrocious. And it's not even Adidas. If they were going to make some big deal, why wouldn't you do it with the big guys like Nike or Adidas? Idiots. I can't express how much I absolutely hate this Reebok nonsense, I feel for the fighters, I feel for Burt. Some of the best are just another NASCAR now....The fighters have 0 originality now and in the end this is going to hurt the UFC bad. I just hope they can bounce back and everyone doesn't jump ship to Bellator. If a single champion left his belt behind and fought for Bellator, it would change the game in my opinion.

hawgchao - The persons from reebok who finalize and authorize these fines, need the living shit beat out of them on a daily basis. Like dunked on their skull and followed up by hammer fists like shogun x arona or Mac x Joezay so they know with whom they're dealing with and what's really on the line Phone Post 3.0

this post just goes to show how little knowledge you have of this sponsorship deal. if your head wasnt so far up the ufc's @ss than you'd realize that it is the ufc who is enforcing this rule because they have an obligation to their contract with reebok.

reebok has no say of how the ufc treats its fighters but stoopid ufc shills like you have no idea of how this sponsorship works. i'd suggest clowns like you should just STFU and pay attention. dana and co are the bad guys, not reebok.

OnTheFlyMMAGuy - This Reebok shit is EMBARRASSINGLY bad. It's seriously awful. The clothes and "kits" are atrocious. And it's not even Adidas. If they were going to make some big deal, why wouldn't you do it with the big guys like Nike or Adidas? Idiots. I can't express how much I absolutely hate this Reebok nonsense, I feel for the fighters, I feel for Burt. Some of the best are just another NASCAR now....The fighters have 0 originality now and in the end this is going to hurt the UFC bad. I just hope they can bounce back and everyone doesn't jump ship to Bellator. If a single champion left his belt behind and fought for Bellator, it would change the game in my opinion.

you should vent your frustration on dana and co in other media pages/outlets other than the UG. most of us understand that this reebok/ufc deal is really crappy for the fighters but everyone should understand that it is the ufc whom is the ones enforcing and treating its fighters shitty as such. reebok has no say as long as their contract with the ufc is upheld.

Ttt Phone Post 3.0

I honestly would like to see Dana White mugged.

hopefully more and more athletes get rebellious with this deal until they have to pull back.

I'm sure Evolve would have no problem covering his fine to get the on air exposure. That's what I would do if I were them. Same with Cerrone, Budweiser could easily cover his fines lol

ttt lol

DBSH209 - 
CookedAndBombed - Fighters should find the tattiest, ugliest piece of Reebok gear they can find and wear that shit. Phone Post 3.0

I, personally haven't seen one quality mma-related, reebok product, please send me a link if you have..

I don't think these guys did it on purpose (jeans? muay thai patch?) and the champ can't even wear his own t-shirt, at the ..WEIGH-INS.

The UFC fired their CUTMAN over a reebok-related TWITTER POST.

Do you really think fighters have any say what they wear and how much they must love it?

Cowboy shouldn't have said shit about the charity, if he knew what was best for him, that's how low these people are.

Cerrone will do OK.

He is a lightweight which is one of the few profitably weight divisions outside the UFC. With his busy work schedule, he can leave and make a killing fighting around the world.

Only question is how many fights he has left in his contract.

seeeffyou -
hawgchao - The persons from reebok who finalize and authorize these fines, need the living shit beat out of them on a daily basis. Like dunked on their skull and followed up by hammer fists like shogun x arona or Mac x Joezay so they know with whom they're dealing with and what's really on the line Phone Post 3.0

this post just goes to show how little knowledge you have of this sponsorship deal. if your head wasnt so far up the ufc's @ss than you'd realize that it is the ufc who is enforcing this rule because they have an obligation to their contract with reebok.

reebok has no say of how the ufc treats its fighters but stoopid ufc shills like you have no idea of how this sponsorship works. i'd suggest clowns like you should just STFU and pay attention. dana and co are the bad guys, not reebok.
No. Reebok enforces these fines as they are the ones cutting the checks to the specific fighters in question,you yutz. I have neither the time or crayons to explain how off base and absurd your half assedly researched opinion is. Phone Post 3.0

hawgchao - 
seeeffyou -

No. Reebok enforces these fines as they are the ones cutting the checks to the specific fighters in question,you yutz. I have neither the time or crayons to explain how off base and absurd your half assedly researched opinion is. Phone Post 3.0

Reebok doesnt pay separately, they bought the deal in bulk.

UFC handles the payments.

Only people getting paid by Reebok are their officially sponsored athletes Mcgregor Ronda etc.

hawgchao -
seeeffyou -

It's almost as if your trying to tell me that the UFC is the one signing of on giblert Melendez and Anderson the spider aldo t shirts due to the obligation set forth by their specific contract.

Is that what is happening? Phone Post 3.0