RE: hummus being fancy refried beans

There was a thread on that a while back. I never read the thread, just the title so I have no idea how it ended up. I also don't really care. The point is that as I sit here devouring store bought Sabra brand roasted red pepper hummus I cannot stop thinking about how the OP of that thread had a point.

I have been eating hummus forever and like to make my own and rarely get the store bought stuff. Well I am eating some and it reminds me of the bean dip that frito lay makes. I mean, I could probably make 7-layer dip and use this stuff for the bean layer and I bet money nobody would notice and probably complement my 7-layer dip making prowess having no idea that the "refried beans" are really hummus. 

Just wanted to share. 

Hi Phone Post 3.0

I ate an entire thing of hummus the other day and lemme tell ya wiping up the aftermath wasn't pretty. Must have gone through three rolls of toilet paper. Goddamn mudslide down there. Phone Post 3.0

Phuc Phuckles. I was just eating some too. Love shit. Your prob right tho. Phone Post 3.0

UGCTT_Messiah - I ate an entire thing of hummus the other day and lemme tell ya wiping up the aftermath wasn't pretty. Must have gone through three rolls of toilet paper. Goddamn mudslide down there. Phone Post 3.0
Thats shitty. Phone Post 3.0

Both are delicious. Homemade hummus is pretty easy and you can tweak it to your own tastes. Pro tip: make sure you take the skins off the beans if you want a smooth hummus.

Paging Fastandbulbous... Phone Post 3.0

mestregruber - Both are delicious. Homemade hummus is pretty easy and you can tweak it to your own tastes. Pro tip: make sure you take the skins off the beans if you want a smooth hummus.
Really?!? How many beans are we deskinning!?!? Phone Post 3.0

What's a good recipe? Phone Post 3.0

ChrisWeidmanLEGitWon - What's a good recipe? Phone Post 3.0
Chick peas
Tahini
Salt
Lemon juice
Red pepper flakes
Garlic powder Phone Post 3.0

iclimb513 - Paging Fastandbulbous... Phone Post 3.0
That mofo knows how to troll. LOL Phone Post 3.0

Mit -
mestregruber - Both are delicious. Homemade hummus is pretty easy and you can tweak it to your own tastes. Pro tip: make sure you take the skins off the beans if you want a smooth hummus.
Really?!? How many beans are we deskinning!?!? Phone Post 3.0
It's not that much work. You dump em in a bowl of water and rub the skins off. Takes maybe 5 min. Phone Post 3.0

Garbanzo beans
Salt
Lime juice
Cilantro
Serrano pepper
Dip with some baked up naan bread, hoooly shit delicious Phone Post 3.0

Oh and the tahini, derp Phone Post 3.0

Sabra hummus kinda sucks. Phone Post 3.0

ChrisWeidmanLEGitWon - What's a good recipe? Phone Post 3.0

I use this when I make mine.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/hummus-for-real-recipe.html

Trader Joe's hummus for the win Phone Post 3.0

Do you guys know the difference between garbanzo beans and chickpeas?

I never let a garbanzo bean on my chest. Phone Post 3.0

Hummus is super easy to make. I just don't like the mess of blending the contents, but when I do I make about a quart at a time.

If you like making things like hummus and refried beans, I strongly suggest investing in a pressure cooker. You can have beans from dry to fully cooked in 45 minutes (or 30 minutes for black beans, which are smaller), no pre-soaking required.

whats the difference between a garbanzo bean and a chick pea?

id never pay $200 to have a garbanzo bean on my chest