? re: ibjjf federation card

more cash grabbing. Someone with a real concern for the art needs to step up and replace the IBJJF

because everything they do is a cash grab

It is a cash grab, especially for blackbelts. If you want a certificate from the ibjjf recognizing you as a blackbelt its $400, for a piece of paper and a card. And its $400 for every degree as well, as is my understanding.

Hoss - It is a cash grab, especially for blackbelts. If you want a certificate from the ibjjf recognizing you as a blackbelt its $400, for a piece of paper and a card. And its $400 for every degree as well, as is my understanding.

When I got my BB I was willing to pay the $400 extortion fee. But then they told me I had to take CPR and the ref course to get certified as a black belt. As if 16 tough years on the mat wasnt enough.

Gay cash grab is gay. Nice principles. lol

making sure I know the rules is important to being a BB? Not training and earning the rank? That is retarded. Its retarded to assume that someone who has trained for 16 years doesnt know the rules to BJJ competitions. Its ridiculous. Its a cash grab. They are whores.

BigEyedFish - making sure I know the rules is important to being a BB? Not training and earning the rank? That is retarded. Its retarded to assume that someone who has trained for 16 years doesnt know the rules to BJJ competitions. Its ridiculous. Its a cash grab. They are whores.

Technically they are pimps we are the whores

BigEyedFish - making sure I know the rules is important to being a BB? Not training and earning the rank? That is retarded. Its retarded to assume that someone who has trained for 16 years doesnt know the rules to BJJ competitions. Its ridiculous. Its a cash grab. They are whores.

Technically they are pimps we are the whores

lol true dat BR

Would be much simpler and less controversial if they did away with the black belt registration fee (or at least made it something like $50-100) and got rid of the requirement to do the ref course and CPR course yearly too. There's no need for a regular black belt who doesn't compete or teach to have to go through those hoops.

The other issue is getting academies and instructors registered. As it stands, loads of people can't even get basic membership as our instructors and schools aren't listed, and when you try to follow the link on the IBJJF website it just comes to a page that says "soon..."

James

understanding the art and understanding tournament scoring are and should be two separate issues altogether - especially if you do not intend on acting as a ref. Ca$h grab.

Well maybe I misunderstood. I wanted to get a certificate to frame, to symbolize my journey an the realization of a lifelong goal. I thought the purpose of the certificate was to formalize your black belt achievement and not necessarily to formalize your black belt achievement and your certifications in the ref and cpr courses.

They should not call it a black belt certificate. They should call it a black belt, cpr, and ref certificate, because it does not reflect on one's ability to grasp the concepts of the art and be promoted as such.

anyone know if it will be required for below black belt at the Boston event?