Re: TUF - enough with the lights in the eyes.

I think they started with it last season, but every interview has a ring of lights reflecting in the persons eyes and its fucking creepy and distracting.

Anyone else notice and or enjoy that?

They really need to drop that shit, it's pretty stupid looking IMO.

I cant figure out how the fuck that happens. Obviously its lighting, but how the hell is it dead reflecting around the pupil? Must be a lighted lens.

I hated it at first last season but it doesnt bother me much anymore. Phone Post

Uriah Hall in particular looked super creepy in all his interviews last season.

Yeah very creepy.

I first learned about it a year ago. It is a series of lights in a circle (not one light) supposedly used to make the eyes "look better". Looks like shit to me.

TheCrow13 -

I cant figure out how the fuck that happens. Obviously its lighting, but how the hell is it dead reflecting around the pupil? Must be a lighted lens.

It is, there's a circular light that goes around the camera lens Phone Post 3.0

Lol Phone Post

Feelz Good - 
TheCrow13 -

It is, there's a circular light that goes around the camera lens Phone Post 3.0

It is known

I love it

Beep? Phone Post

clattymine - I think they started with it last season, but every interview has a ring of lights reflecting in the persons eyes and its fucking creepy and distracting.

Anyone else notice and or enjoy that?

They really need to drop that shit, it's pretty stupid looking IMO.

My wife & I notices, and we fucking hate it. Pretentious bullshit on the part of the producers. It just makes them look like amateurs.

The African American guy with the hurt hand looks crazy with those lights in his eyes. They should stop doing that Phone Post 3.0

I kind of like it, gave me an awkward boner Phone Post 3.0

Makes em all of the come fuck me look Phone Post 3.0

Have the come fuck me look * Phone Post 3.0

It doesn't allow for any shadows on the face. Idk how it makes them look amateur.

It's called a "ring light" (nothing fancy). As someone said before it's a circular light that goes around the lens. It's very common in photography and obviously motion as well. As some have noted it gives you that very specific "catch light" in the eyes. But then again, any light source will produce a catch light. The main purpose of this type of light is to give a very clean, no shadow look (since the light comes from every direction. Nothing amateur about that look, quite the contrary. It's a pretty common, especially as a fill light to soften the shadows created by the main light (usually more to on side). But, in this case, when they shoot the confession type scene, every thing is black and the fighter is only lighted with that light, making it very noticeable.

I like it. I've never thought it looked creepy at all.

Same production company as hbo 24/7. The hockey players had it too. Phone Post 3.0

Ive seen the "effect" elsewhere and have always liked it. Phone Post

its ok to use different filters/look for the interviews, but they could tweak it a bit.