Re-watched Lauzon vs. Varner

It's Monday morning in this thread.

UGCTT_BlahBreh - dude watch the nam phan fight again, joe rogan was fucking so biased its not even funny, all he talks about is cole miller when nam was landing combo's that were beautiful.

first time ive ever been pissed off about his biased commentating.

Maybe i wasnt paying that close attention during that fight but all I remember from that fight is Rogan's dick getting hard from all the left hooks Nam was landing.

I'll have to re-watch that one. Phone Post

This place is so metrosexual at times. Phone Post

I remember rogan saying that varner is in good shape, just not great shape to go full blitz the full 15 mins. Phone Post

Stop it, just stop it. Dumbest post I've read past week.

Edit: This was supposed to be directed towards the guy saying Rogan was biased towards Cole against Nam, don't know why the quote didn't happen.

Varner looked gassed to me also. the fact that he had energy to throw punches doesnt mean he wasent gassing. Shogun was gassing also but ko'd Vera. At least Varner had a legit excuse as he took fight on short notice. Was a great fight anyway, both guys had their moments. Joe seemed to have nop respect for Varner's punching ability and nearly got ko'd. His grappeling saved him in the fight.

He did eventually get tired as his lateral movement completely stopped.

The most impressive thing for me during this fight was lauzons conditioning. It has been his downfall thus far, and he looked pretty good despite taking all of those body shots. Phone Post

he wasnt gassed, but he DEFINITELY was not at the same energy level as the beginning...go watch the beginning of the first round..varner looked like fraknie edagr out there...he was jumping ALL around...after the first, he was still throwing bolos, but yes, his mouth was open he was not moving 1/2 as much..he was tired...gassed was an overstatement but he definitely was tiring

I guess the issue lies in the definition of gassed. "Gassed" has come to stir negative connotations of being out of shape to the point of it hindering your performance. In that aspect Varner didn't look gassed.

If by a little slower, a little less crisp, breathing heavier, well that applies to about 95% of pro-fighters. There is no one on the planet that is exactly as good of shape in any round past the 1st as they were in the 1st. Clay guida may be close, and fighters can be tired, FUCK they are in a fight, but they can still be effective and fast in bursts.

So really it could my perception of the word gassed that is off, and not Rogans commentating. But I think my perception is similar to most peoples in that it sounds really negative. Phone Post

I think he was tired. Phone Post

He was tired, but 'digging deep'.

Don't have a problem with Joe, he calls it as HE sees it. Phone Post

Jason -  I guess the issue lies in the definition of gassed. "Gassed" has come to stir negative connotations of being out of shape to the point of it hindering your performance. In that aspect Varner didn't look gassed.

If by a little slower, a little less crisp, breathing heavier, well that applies to about 95% of pro-fighters. There is no one on the planet that is exactly as good of shape in any round past the 1st as they were in the 1st. Clay guida may be close, and fighters can be tired, FUCK they are in a fight, but they can still be effective and fast in bursts.

So really it could my perception of the word gassed that is off, and not Rogans commentating. But I think my perception is similar to most peoples in that it sounds really negative. Phone Post
i would say you are half right..he wasnt "gassed", but he wasnt at the same level i dont think where he would be with a full camp...i know joe is your boy, but that is the reality....

Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku -
Jason -  I guess the issue lies in the definition of gassed. "Gassed" has come to stir negative connotations of being out of shape to the point of it hindering your performance. In that aspect Varner didn't look gassed.

i would say you are half right..he wasnt "gassed", but he wasnt at the same level i dont think where he would be with a full camp...i know joe is your boy, but that is the reality....

Hey I am trying to give Varner credit here, not take it away. Phone Post

Varner looked really gassed, it made total sense that Joe communicated that.

the best person to make the judgment is his opponent..

in for J-Lo.

he will clear this up

Varner was very tired, but he has the athleticism to still fire off bursts. That's the athlete he has trained to be. He was tired though.

I thought Varner was gassing also after the 1st round. Didn't Varner say himself that his coaches told him to take J-Lau down because he was getting tired?

Jason -  and I love me some Joe Rogan, don't get me wrong. However, his constant commentanting on how Varner was gassing was waaaaaay off the mark.

In the first round he kept saying "Varners mouth is open." If you watch the fight, his mouth, AND Joe's mouth are pretty much open from the get go. Some guys just don't close thier mouths fully with a mouthgaurd in.

And then Rogan was still dogging him in the 3rd when Varner was still throwin hard fast punches and he shot some full speed double legs that were money. No one who is tired shoots doubles like that in the 3rd round.

IMO Varner did not "gas" in that fight whatsoever at any point.

Also, I know that calling fights isn't easy and you are literally just shooting from the hip the whole time. Still love you Rogan, I just think it takes a little away from Varner's great effort listening to the commentating about his cardio, when his cardio was fine.

True Rogan spazzing shite again Phone Post

Lauzon's cardio was the most impressive part of the fight for me. His past fights play out with him going balls to the wall and if he can't finish a fight early he gasses(look at Florian fight for perfect example).

It was awesome to see him go balls out for 3 rounds and also take shots after that brutal KO in his last fight.