(really) Old movies worth watching?

Not obvious ones like King Kong or Citizen Kane, High Noon etc.

A few I have seen and can highly recommend:

Ox-box Incident (Henry Fonda) and Gunfighter with Gregory Peck. Two really solid western that don't usually get mentioned with the all time greats.

Hud with Paul Newman playing a selfish dick.

Night of the Hunter (Robert Mitchum) about a serial killer preacher chasing some kids through the south.

How Green was my Valley about life in a w
Welsh mining town at the turn of 20th century. Sounds boring as hell but is a great coming of age story.

One of my favorites is Mad Love with Peter Lorre:

In Paris, the great surgeon Dr. Gogol falls madly in love with stage actress Yvonne Orlac, and his ardor disturbs her quite a bit when he discovers to his horror that she is married to concert pianist Stephen Orlac. Shortly thereafter, Stephen's hands are badly crushed in a train accident- beyond the power of standard medicine. Knowing that his hands are his life, Yvonne overcomes her fear and goes to Dr. Gogol, to beg him to help. Gogol decides to surgically graft the hands of executed murderer Rollo onto Stephen Orlac, the surgery is successful but has terrible side-effects...

The Bicycle Thief

The Apartment

Yojimbo

old samuri flick and damn its iconic

12 Angry Men. Probably one of the greatest films of all time.

TFK_Tom O'Bedlam - 12 Angry Men. Probably one of the greatest films of all time.

Came to say this.

I like anything Cary Grant. No homo, well, he was.

The Seventh Seal Phone Post 3.0

Mywife was vomittingcaiseshedu - I like anything Cary Grant. No homo, well, he was.
North by Northwest is a great movie Phone Post 3.0

The Thin Man. He has a whole series of movies, they are old school detective movies from the 30's. Fan-fucking-tastic.

The Hustler (1960)

Prime Piper Laurie: no can defend. Phone Post 3.0

Like how old we talkin? Oldest I can remember that's worth recommending is Bullitt (1968) Phone Post 3.0

50 years or more. pre 1965.

-Thin Man series
-Topper series
-"Dark Passage" w/Humphrey Bogart & Lauren Bacall
-"All Through the Night" w/Humphrey Bogart
-"Key Largo" w/Humphrey Bogart, Lauren Bacall, & Edward G. Robinson
-"Angels with Dirty Faces" w/James Cagney & the East Side Kids (who went on to be known as the Bowrey Boys)
-"Pot O' Gold" w/Jimmy Stewart (a little known, but really good musical comedy)
-"Bringing up Baby" w/Cary Grant & Kathryn Hepburn
-"It Happened One Night" w/Clark Gable

I know I'm forgetting a whole ton of 'em, but that's a good start.

Hard Times with Charles Bronson Phone Post 3.0

Where Eagles Dare

Ww2 Eastwood flick. Phone Post 3.0

"Shock Corridor " dir by Samuel Fuller Phone Post 3.0

Bridge on the river kwai.

Made in 1957, has Sir Alec Guiness twenty years before he was obi wan in star wars. Absolutely excellent movie. Phone Post 3.0