(really) Old movies worth watching?

I watched 'a trip to the moon' a few months ago on Netflix. It's a silent 30 minute movie from 1902! Cat get much older than that. I have to admit it kept my attention and was sorta cool in a trippy way. Phone Post 3.0

forrestfan - The Bicycle Thief

The Apartment
Bicycle thief (Bicycle thieves) perhaps the saddest film ive ever watched (besides dear zachary-fuck that film!) Phone Post 3.0

The Big Country

Where Ren and Stimpy got "I'll teach your grandmother to suck eggs" I believe Phone Post 3.0

The Big Country starring Gregory Peck and Charlton Heston

The Adventures of Robin Hood starring Errol Flynn (1938), it's still THE Robin Hood movie for me.

To Kill a Mockingbird

Angels with Dirty Faces

The Fly (original)

The Thing (original)

Anything by Buster Keaton Or Harold Lloyd

City Lights. Charlie Chaplin. Another great one. Phone Post 3.0

ttt

Gunga Din.

Bad Karma - The Adventures of Robin Hood starring Errol Flynn (1938), it's still THE Robin Hood movie for me.
Just about any Flynn is gold. Captain Blood was epic as well.

In terms of funny old movies Danny Kaye is a boss. The court jester, inspector general, and the secret life of Walter Mitty are classics in my family and get me to laugh out loud more than half the comedies that are out now. Phone Post 3.0

Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans - my favorite silent movie and a great movie in its own right.

Wages of Fear - a French thriller about stranded workers trying to make it out of a colony

The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp - the life story of a British officer from WWI to WWII

Out of the Past - hard boiled film noir about a guy trying to live his life straight in a little country town and an old acquaintance comes into town

Ace in the Hole - a story about a newspaperman trying to make the news with Kirk Douglas staring, the Simpsons did a whole rip off of this

The Red Shoes - "A young ballet dancer is torn between the man she loves and her pursuit to become a prima ballerina."

the man who would be king.

The guns of Navarone

The hustler

"Seconds " dir by John Frankenheimer Phone Post 3.0

the Shinobi Ninja

BruteDion - 

Yojimbo

old samuri flick and damn its iconic

That one's great. I'd like to add Rashomon and Seven Samurai if we're sticking with Kurosawa.

Rear Window has been mentioned so I'd add The Lady Vanishes and Vertigo from Hitchcock also.

12 Angry Men is really good. Feel like watching it again now.

Binge on the following from Humphrey Bogart:

The Maltese Falcon
Casablanca
To Have and Have Not
The Big Sleep
Dark Passage
The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
Key Largo
In a Lonely Place

In because I am getting bored of the new movies.

Two of my favourites are:

Wages of Fear

The Swimmer Phone Post 3.0

Casablanca

Bridge Over The River Kwai

The Caine Mutiny

Mister Roberts

Fail Safe

Huge fan of old Horror Films and Film Noir.

Of the latter :

The Killing
Concrete Jungle
Build my Gallows High
Bad day at Black Rock*
The Big Sleep
Hollywood Boulevard

As for old horror I love Universal, Hammer, Amicus etc Phone Post 3.0