Really sad final text message (pic) (vid)

'Goodbye mama': Heartbreaking final text message from victim of Arkansas tornado

"College senior Jeffrey Hunter was hiding in a bathroom in Vilonia when he had his final conversation with mom Regina Wood, who was 20 miles away."

Link:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/goodbye-mama-heartbreaking-final-text-tornado-victim-article-1.1779785

Screenshot of text message:

http://imgur.com/Co1Za5g

CNN News report (less than 2 minutes long):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w9M3x0BeHo

Can't see from mobile. Phone Post 3.0

Fuqq Phone Post 3.0

I don't know to much about Tornados but this is terrible. Just wondering if he saw it from a distance there's no chance he could have driven/run as far away from it as possible? I have no clue how strong they can be but was there 0 chance of escaping that? Phone Post 3.0

Fucking dust storm in my office.

Los Angeles - I don't know to much about Tornados but this is terrible. Just wondering if he saw it from a distance there's no chance he could have driven/run as far away from it as possible? I have no clue how strong they can be but was there 0 chance of escaping that? Phone Post 3.0
He probably didn't see it coming and only heard it when it was right on top of him. I'm guessing the normal procedure when you're close to a huge tornado is to block or board up windows and secure yourself somewhere and hope for the best. Phone Post 3.0

Man thats sad.

MMOZ - This guy gets reception in the middle of a fucking tornado and my phone drops out in my house in the middle of the city?

What the fuck. Phone Post 3.0

The guy probably used an Android phone. Most Android phones don't use a metal body/case.

I noticed you're using an iPhone.

Smartphone cases/bodies made out of metal such as aluminum affect reception:

"Like every other material, Aluminium is also not the perfect material to make a mobile device."

"This means that the device will be less isotropic (direction-independent) in its reception of radio signals."

Link:

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2014/05/why-are-smartphone-makers-so-obsessed-with-materials/

Very sad. I used to live about 30 minutes from there. I think god hates vilonia for some reason. That town has been through a lot. I damn near bought a house their myself about 4 years ago. Phone Post 3.0

When will they start building basements or neighborhood shelters in these places? After that tornado in alabama a few years back there were pictures of neighborhoods which looked like the homes had been swept away by a giant broom and all that was left was a dusty imprint of the homes foundation.

I have the final text message from an ex-girlfriend on my phone.  "You're a dick.  Why don't you answer?"  I was at work training someone when she called, and I saw the text and literally said "I don't have time for this shit right now."  She killed herself within a minute or two of sending that text.

Now I always answer the phone.  Every call, even if I don't know the number.

BackOffWarchild -

I have the final text message from an ex-girlfriend on my phone.  "You're a dick.  Why don't you answer?"  I was at work training someone when she called, and I saw the text and literally said "I don't have time for this shit right now."  She killed herself within a minute or two of sending that text.

Holy fuck Phone Post 3.0

felix1985 -
BackOffWarchild -

Holy fuck Phone Post 3.0
God damn... Phone Post 3.0

I just texted my mom after reading this. Wow, this one is insane. Incredible. Phone Post 3.0

Capnsavem -
felix1985 -
BackOffWarchild -

Holy fuck Phone Post 3.0
God damn... Phone Post 3.0
Holy shit bro... Phone Post 3.0

Heart breaking Phone Post 3.0

When a Tornado is down, you don't know exactly where its going to go,  Its best to stay in a bathroom as most people survive.  Unless you get hit directly by a big ass f3-f5.   He probably found out within a couple minutes that it was headed right for him, and going outside is not an option unless you want to be a pin cushion for 2x4's.

That shit is sad, but it's very cool that his mom got to talk to him in his last moments.

RefriedJinx - That's sad

But luck favors the prepared.

If you're living in tornado alley you should have a better survival plan than locking yourself in the bathroom. Phone Post 3.0
That's pretty easy to say. While I agree with you, there are a lot of dirt poor SOBs in AR that can't afford a pot to piss in. Not too many people can shit $3-$5k for a tornado shelter. Phone Post 3.0

Trying to remember if it was the summer or 1999, or Spring of 2000 when this happened. But I was invincible at the time, and living in Nebraska.

We heard on the radio that a tornado was passing north of Lincoln, so of course I went outside to see it. Couldn't see anything. Further indications on the radio reported it was basically following I-80 eastbound.

I hopped in my Jeep Cherokee and attempted to chase it down. I had the radio going as I went. I couldn't see very far, though, because there was a lot of rain. And the crazy thing was that most of the rain wasn't falling from overhead, it was coming horizontally. In fact, for the most part it was sunny skies overhead, but driving rain.

That didn't stop me. All along the side of the road there were vehicles pulled off or doing U-Turns to come back to Lincoln. Many were sheltering under overpasses.

RefriedJinx -
felix1985 -
RefriedJinx - That's sad

But luck favors the prepared.

If you're living in tornado alley you should have a better survival plan than locking yourself in the bathroom. Phone Post 3.0
That's pretty easy to say. While I agree with you, there are a lot of dirt poor SOBs in AR that can't afford a pot to piss in. Not too many people can shit $3-$5k for a tornado shelter. Phone Post 3.0
Then he should have been born with more money or in a different area Phone Post 3.0
Nice response. Prick. Phone Post 3.0