Really worried about my Dad.

Buy him a dog? Phone Post 3.0

GS27 -
TeleTone - My dad is 64 years old, about a year ago he had to have surgery on both shoulders and was told he would no longer be able to work which really really depressed him. Lucky for them my mom has a great job. Anyway since he retired he hung out with his brother-in-law pretty much everyday they were also next door neighbors. Well about 2 months ago his bro in law passed away. Now my dad has started drinking very heavily which is way out of character for him. He starts drinking in the morning, and drinks the day away. I'm very worried about him and don't know what to do about it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Phone Post 3.0
Get him a dog Phone Post 3.0
Wow it's weird you say that, he mentioned just the other day about wanting to get a dog. Phone Post 3.0

What are the ramifications if he doesn't have the surgery?

allforroy - Does he play guitar? Sounds like you do...if he doesn't, tell him the time is now and you're teaching him. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah my dad is a really good musician, he's the one who got me playing instruments, but like all his other hobbies, he seems to have lost interest in all of them. Phone Post 3.0

Your dad sounds like the perfect candidate for TRT, seriously. He's the guy it was made for, not some 30 year d athlete.

Get him on T, You and your boys start hanging out at his cabin with him hunting and fishing, buy him that dog he wants and I guarantee he will snap out of it. Phone Post 3.0

ChipW - Your dad sounds like the perfect candidate for TRT, seriously. He's the guy it was made for, not some 30 year d athlete.

Get him on T, You and your boys start hanging out at his cabin with him hunting and fishing, buy him that dog he wants and I guarantee he will snap out of it. Phone Post 3.0
You know that hasn't crossed my mind, but what you're saying sounds completely logical. Phone Post 3.0

TeleTone -
GS27 -
TeleTone - My dad is 64 years old, about a year ago he had to have surgery on both shoulders and was told he would no longer be able to work which really really depressed him. Lucky for them my mom has a great job. Anyway since he retired he hung out with his brother-in-law pretty much everyday they were also next door neighbors. Well about 2 months ago his bro in law passed away. Now my dad has started drinking very heavily which is way out of character for him. He starts drinking in the morning, and drinks the day away. I'm very worried about him and don't know what to do about it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Phone Post 3.0
Get him a dog Phone Post 3.0
Wow it's weird you say that, he mentioned just the other day about wanting to get a dog. Phone Post 3.0
Trust me a dig will give him a new lease on life Phone Post 3.0

ChipW - Your dad sounds like the perfect candidate for TRT, seriously. He's the guy it was made for, not some 30 year d athlete.

Awesome suggestion! Phone Post 3.0

weed. Plus the previous dog and trt suggestions, those were good too

Give him the book: Man's search for Meaning by Frankyl. It's a fantastic read that essentially describes how to find meaning in your life.

The best book I ever read, and:

1) I'm not a reader.
2) I'm in my 50's.