Reason Brock can't take a punch

Not sure if anyone else has brought this up or not but do you think the reason Brock can't take a punch (Carwin & Cain fights) may be caused by the countless concussions he probably suffered in pro-wrestling?

Oh most definitely.

Either that, or the number that Booker T did on him, during that falls count anywhere match. Phone Post

oh shite...now we know...whew....i thought it was something else like being scared

BTW where is UT' s SARA neck tattoo?

Fell off?

Was a stick on?

Blue namer please

http://i47.tinypic.com/a2q1e1.jpg

Is the swock a stick on as well?

Good prop IMO.

Maybe both of those guys just hit really hard.

I dont think it's that he cant take a punch, I think it's more a matter of him not getting enough GOOD sparring in. I do not believe he sparred much with people good and/or big enough to scare him, because he's clearly very uncomfortable when people are punching at him.

Sticking your arms out, closing your eyes, turning away or flat out running away from your foe is a natural instinct but it's not an intelligent defense, nor a sign of someone with even cursory sparring experience.

He took some big shots, so I dont think it's his chin per se. It's the punches you dont see that hurt you. Turning your head away with your eyes closed shut ensures that you're not going to see them coming.

He needs to get himself some big, durable heavyweight boxers to tune him up in training. It will be rough and humbling but it will make him better in the long run. Being the biggest, baddest dude in your gym isn't going to help you improve upon your weaknesses.

No actually he's remarkably conscious throughout all of it. He's taken some huge shots but never gone totally limp.

chadk - I dont think it's that he cant take a punch, I think it's more a matter of him not getting enough GOOD sparring in. I do not believe he sparred much with people good and/or big enough to scare him, because he's clearly very uncomfortable when people are punching at him.

Sticking your arms out, closing your eyes, turning away or flat out running away from your foe is a natural instinct but it's not an intelligent defense, nor a sign of someone with even cursory sparring experience.

My thoughts exactly

The stick on swock was added to repell negative forces unfortunately Cains leather was more adhesive to Brock.

Next time

Against the UT will be better

Dana make it happen

He can take an insane amount of shots straight to the head it's just that his reactions to them are fucking awful. Phone Post

Bull.

He slipped first then got caught. Watch the fight again.

SARA

Could also be that Carwin and Cain are far better strikers that hit hard and once they both tagged him hard he doesn't have the skill to counter punch or stick and move which means he's left with the choice of rushing in blindly or back peddling to give himself time to recover.

I think thats far more likely.

not enough sparring. Like bas said, put him against a wall and throw combo's at him until he stops flinching and he just needs to get hit more. It will desensitize him to the psychological and physical feeling of getting hit.

Just spit-ballin', but could it be that some guys with big thick necks are actually vulnerable to being punched in the head, much like guys with big arms are vulnerable to the americana and kimura?

ISTM that it's more than just getting used to taking a shot, watching how he reacts to head shots.

No matter what he does it's going to be tough for him. It's weird to watch because the vast majority of guys that fight MMA don't react that way and I'm sure most of them didn't need brutal sparring to desensitize themselves. We see guys who are new to MMA fight often and not many react like Brock, it's a very strong innate reaction he's having and that is going to be difficult to overcome.

No he needed more trap exercises in order to build up his neck strength and then he could have absorbed the blows head on.

Live and learn.

UT take notice.

SFFA

Because he's an athlete and not a fighter and no I'm not eluding to that dumb fuck loud mouth Hardy's gay spew about GSP either. He is simply not a fighter, but still a superb enough athlete to beat most heavy weights still.