Reason(s) WHY people keep saying PRIDE was better

People think Pride died because of it's format or because it's wasn't financially prosperous, but they are only proving how ignorant they are.

Pride died because of the meaningless Yakuza scare and the involvement of a very crooked AMERICAN promoter...

That female announcer makes me cringe to this day, only reason why PRIDE was "better" its because the fighters could juice all they wanted and they weren't tested.

The ring was total shit, although the knees to grounded opponents and kicks was a good rule.

It just felt like a less serious brand of MMA, with all the freakshows and the yellow cards.

If fighters were allowed to juice in the UFC we would be getting some damn nice fights, why do you think that most pride fighters lost their touch when they came to the USA?

Because they couldn't juice anymore, i'm a shogun fan but whoever denies the fact that the dude was juicing like crazy on japan is plain delusional, that's why he didn't have as many injuries there.

Mr He - 
Outlaw'd by Lytle - 

You wanna know the real reason?

Rose Tinted Glasses.

End of thread. Phone Post

No this is not true at all, and is generally an obnoxious post to make in said thread.

I would say on average Pride fights were more entertaining than the other orgs [Not a jab at UFC, i said other orgs, not UFC specifically].

There were other orgs that had similar rules to PRIDE and because of that they were more entertaining than orgs that use the current 'unified rules'.

There is a chance that they may adjust the unified rules in future, eg. they may begin to allow head stomps and all that jazz. It's hard though because UFC is mostly and american org, and the politics make it hard to enforce these kindof rules, it would be easier in another country, eg - Japan.

You forgot to mention the fact that everyone was juicing, look at fucking Wanderlei in pride that guy was juicing way too much.

Oh they're still juicing, but they have to be more judicious and careful about it now. Before it was just wide open and blatant as hell...even in the early UFC.

PRIDE FOREVER.

UFC is PATHETIC.

The UFC definitely put on better shows when they had the competition with Pride. I cant remember one Pride card I wasn't excited for......but I can say I haven't really been excited about a UFC card in a while. AND the best one ive seen in a long time, was the last one on FX. Phone Post

Carne has solid posts. Phone Post

There was a mystique in PRIDe. An anticipation of stacked sick cards. The mystique was facilitated by superior entrances. Cards were not watered down and lack luster like so many UFc cards today.

A lot also just has to do with the timing it had (in terms off MMA history), the fact most all there best fighters went to fight there and the legends it spawned.

The National -
Tranny Yarbrough G(ayest)OAT - BEFORE people say

"freak show fights derp"

I'd rather see a freakshow fight than a fight like Okami vs Buddy Roberts IN THE MAIN CARD

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah not like the legendary pride fighters such as akira shoji, tamura, nakamura and 'tomato' kanehara-- what a roster!! Phone Post

If i had to choose between UFC events every 3 weeks like we have right now and Pride events every 3 months, i'll go with the UFC. To me, UFC > Pride

a lot of good posts on this thread.

Pride shut down over 5 years ago... And people are still talking about it everyday. That is an amazing achievement in an age where trends come and go within DAYS or WEEKS.

Pride was the REAL DEAL.. it was a special event.. and those with brains and souls would be able to recognize it.

ajsr - The reason people keep saying PRIDE was better is that PRIDE was better.

Actually I don't think "better" even comes close to describing the vast gulf between PRIDE and Fester's trash metal demo-derby.

great post.

To say it is merely better is a massive insult to Pride.

PRIDE was not just unique for MMA.. it was a unique sporting event.. with glory/pride/honor on the level of or exceeding many Olympic events.