Reasons why nobody watches MMA anymore?

I will start…

MMA is dead as an attraction because…

#1 Style vs Style fights are gone. Everyone has the exact same skillset and it becomes Karate point fighting.

35 Likes

It’s watered down.
There’s an event every weekend and unless you’re the most hardcore fan, you’ve never heard of most of the fighters.

58 Likes

More people watch MMA now than ever before but there’s less hype to go around with it being so watered down with too many events. The UFC specifically is between Stars at the moment…

14 Likes

I use to watch everything, every event, 95% of the media interviews, Danas vlog, all the related shows.

But now it’s just the bigger events, only watch interviews if something big happened and they’re talking about it. I don’t even bother looking up results anymore.

I think it started with addition of WMMA, large increase in events, splitting up the content across too many platforms. I had fightpass for a while but there were no interesting live fights on it, everything was on tv or ppv, the stuff on tv was on channels no one watched… all this happened around same time and it just put me off.

28 Likes

It went from a Special Event to an almost Everyday Event. Things lose the luster with that much over saturation. But me personally will watch anyone fight even if its 2 hobos in a parking lot. Just won’t necessarily pay for it.

18 Likes

It is watered down, I agree.
Seems to me that they are lacking stars, personality, and fighter background stories.
And I don’t mean like rasslin.
Too many events are just some fights with just some guys.

6 Likes

More people watch it now than for most of its history though, especially globally. And the style vs style aspect was already mostly gone by the early 00s.

Obviously individual cards arent going to feel as special and theres going to be more names you dont know compared to when it was normal to wait a month between cards and they had less than a hundred people on the roster.

1 Like

The true, sincere, and factual reason for the decline in viewership is the lack of quality mustaches. When will we get another one of this caliber?

15 Likes

incorrect, nobody watches it, go ask a 100 strangers on the street if they liked the recent UFC event, you will get 100 people saying what event?

3 Likes

Oversaturation. Too many events.

Also over exposure. I can’t stand the new fans brought on by the sport going mainstream

11 Likes

I watch it as much as I can. Not burn out at all.

6 Likes

Gtfo with that bullshit

2 Likes

It will ebb and flow like all other sports. Right now there just aren’t that many interesting fighters. I can’t think of a single prospect I’m excited about except maybe Chimeav.

Boxing is the more interesting combat sport right now.

1 Like

It’s bigger than ever. We recently saw thousands and thousands of people hit the streets just to welcome a new champion home. That never would have happened in whatever you think the glory days were.

7 Likes

Like anything that starts out with niche hardcore fanbase that goes mainstream, it’s starts appealing less and less to said hardcores and more and more to the masses. The ufc is more popular with the public than it ever has been but less popular with og hardcores than ever as well.

That’s the nature of selling out. It’s like the black album. It alienated hardcore metal fans but also made Metallica the biggest hard rock act in the world.

13 Likes

The last 2 cards where insane in terms of exciting fights.

9 Likes

Mma is dead dead, there was a time then i gave a fuk about not giving a fuk, now i dont even give a fuk about not giving a fuk
Watched kevin holland on 2x speed, tried to watch “who the fuk is that guy” fight, didnt even made to 30seconds and went to watch opera
Delete usada, everyone is with low T levels pussying out to make fights exciting

1 Like

Main event didn’t deliver like it should’ve, and the two WMMA fights shouldn’t have been there.

Besides that, last night’s card was a fight fan’ dream come true

3 Likes

When are we comparing it to exactly? the UFC didnt break a million on PPV until like 2008 and didnt start seriously trying to expand into international markets until around that time either.

Watch king of the streets instead.

1 Like