Reasons why nobody watches MMA anymore?

These days, too much point fighting and too many rules. All for protecting fighters, but it’s not as much fun to watch.

3 Likes

He didn’t break his hand, you fraud pro wrestling mma fan. That’s the cop out excuse he used so losers like you could parrot it while defending him on message boards.

Imagine being a “nail” to a guy 30 pounds lighter than you and nowhere near as good as you or anywhere on your level. Did he break both his hands? Did he break his legs too? Is that why he didn’t just soccer kick the fuck out of him when he had him on his bum knees?

Man do dummies like you piss me off.

See, there you go you. Bringing up these fights doesn’t help your case. Carlos Newton admitted that they agreed to only grapple and not throw any strikes which is, guess what, a fixed fucking fight.

You Pride hipster nerds are unbearable. And I say that as someone who respects and likes Pride.

Pro wrestlers in Japan literally had fake fights all the time in their wrestling bouts at a time when they were still trying to push pro wrestling as real. That alone makes all those guys suspect and surprise surprise, those pro wrestlers are coincidentally the same guys who are always called out for having fake fights. Shamrock accused of fake fights? Also a pro wrestler. Dos Caras accused of fake fights? Pro wrestler. Sakuraba accused of fake fights? Oh, what do you know, pro wrestler.

Fake fights and mma go hand in hand, particularly when we’re talking about JMMA and Japanese pro wrestling.

Imagine not being able to believe that guys who had fake fights they tried to push as real in wrestling also had fake fights in mma that they also tried to push as real. People like you are irredeemable, mate.

The UFC has NEVER put on a card that stacked. In fact, they’ve never come close.

Has it really gotten that bad?

:cry:

Yeah, I agree, on one end, the length to which the refs used to let fighters get beaten half to death was borderline criminal, but on the other side of that, fights are stopped wayyyyy too early these days.

I think a lot of times it’s done to give certain UFC golden boys “TKO victories” and so the ref jumps in to stop the fight and give them the finish, but it’s clearly something they’re being instructed to do by the promotion, whether it be legally or illegally or by using ‘fighter safety’ reasoning for those stoppages. We all know the real reason tho ($$$).

I do think the fighter safety angle sometimes applies, but the UFC does it for liability reasons before actual fighter safety reasons. Meaning they don’t want further NFL/CTE-esque litigation in the future (which I think is inevitable regardless).

In fairness tho, the earlier stoppages do serve to protect the ‘merchandise’ in that fighters don’t take as much damage from fight to fight, but there are clear times when they absolutely let things go like they used to even as recently as 2016 (Rory/Robbie, Matt Schnell in Long Island, Ortega fights, Kattar fights), so it’s all multifaceted.

I am aware that some fighters will talk to their ref before their fights and absolutely demand that refs not stop fights early, so I wouldn’t be surprised (mfer) if there were fighters who did the opposite and asked refs to stop the fight early if they were starting to take too much damage.

There are certain fighters who are already pretty chinny who are absolutely given a shorter leash than tougher or younger fighters are. And of course, women’s fights are stopped early as well, but I suspect that that is to avoid the sjw crowd from coming in and claiming that the UFC lets women be beaten on television for thousands of women haters to watch.

will not stay awake for Adesanya ever again

1 Like

Those fights unfortunately suck.

Nate goes to the hospital.

Same for Oliveira.

Who the fook is Pereira?

Casual :joy:

Joe Manchin Smh GIF by GIPHY News

A better opponent than most PRIDE fighters ever beat

1 Like

Pretty sure Rampage admitted he had been offered more money to lose certain fights in Pride. Thats fight fixing

1 Like

Yeah, they need to step up their game.

4 Likes

That wasn’t a problem before

Agreed.

1 Like

The UFC tonight…

download

2 Likes

Lesnar would have literally smashed everyone currently in the UFC.

This is a fact

1 Like

Sonnen even said Brock Lesnar and DC could both come back to UFC HW division right now today and become champ and he is correct