Rebney takes shot at Sonnen/UFC

Doesn't bellator have their champs fighting in non title fights? That was a stupid concept when pride did it and it still makes absolutely no sense at all.

Hmmm how about what they did with king mo? He got put out of his first tournament so they made another one with no name guys just so he could win it and challenge for a title Phone Post 3.0

Put King Mo in a 4 man tournament with favourable matchups, profit?????

Byork needs to stop trying to compete with the UFC. They're going to just have to settle with being the TNA of MMA.

Vote Ups for Zimmerman -
JerodR - He has a point but more than likely none of his fighters could challenge for a UFC title either. Not quite the same level. Also Bellator has never had to sell a PPV and not that they are trying they are using people that the UFC built up recognition for to do so. He has a point but also doesn't have much room to talk at the same time. Phone Post 3.0

lol@this shillish bullshit

Fact- Bellator did not show up until well after organizations like the UFC built up MMA as a viable and profitable sport.

Fact- Bellator pays fighters much less while enjoying more financial back up.

Fact- Bellator has never had and does not know what it takes to have a successful PPV. They have not been able to compete with TNA let alone the UFC.

Fact- Bellators moral principals are shot when they give King Mo another shot as well as using Rampage/Tito to sell their first PPV. They are using names others have built in while the "real competition" takes a back seat.

Fact- Bellator has a TUF rip off filling a hole that the UFC left behind. On top of that they have a UFC LEGEND as one of its stars. Yet again coat tale riding.

That is not being a shill my friend. That is called reality. Bellator is a great alternative and I too did not agree with Sonnens title shot. Bellator can't talk though because they have never had a successful PPV on anything or any stars they have built up themselves. TNA is the place where WWE and WCW stars go to retire and now apparently Bellator will become the same for the UFC. Phone Post 3.0

sure it's been mentioned, but how the hell can you bark at Sonnen's 2-fight loss streak, & turn around and prop guys who've lost most of their last 10 fights as your #1 matchup on your pay-per-view. Granted, they're not getting a title shot, but at least Sonnen beat the champ for 4 rounds before getting 2 more shots...Bjork is pimping guys who "bark" on 2nd-tier fake wrestling shows.

TNA Phone Post 3.0

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...

JerodR -
Vote Ups for Zimmerman -
JerodR - He has a point but more than likely none of his fighters could challenge for a UFC title either. Not quite the same level. Also Bellator has never had to sell a PPV and not that they are trying they are using people that the UFC built up recognition for to do so. He has a point but also doesn't have much room to talk at the same time. Phone Post 3.0

Fact- Bellator did not show up until well after organizations like the UFC built up MMA as a viable and profitable sport.

Fact- Bellator has never had and does not know what it takes to have a successful PPV. They have not been able to compete with TNA let alone the UFC.

Fact- Bellators moral principals are shot when they give King Mo another shot as well as using Rampage/Tito to sell their first PPV. They are using names others have built in while the "real competition" takes a back seat.

Fact- Bellator has a TUF rip off filling a hole that the UFC left behind. On top of that they have a UFC LEGEND as one of its stars. Yet again coat tale riding.

That is not being a shill my friend. That is called reality. Bellator is a great alternative and I too did not agree with Sonnens title shot. Bellator can't talk though because they have never had a successful PPV on anything or any stars they have built up themselves. TNA is the place where WWE and WCW stars go to retire and now apparently Bellator will become the same for the UFC. Phone Post 3.0
This
Also Alvarez would probably disagree with the depiction of bjorn as an angel compared do Dana the devil. Phone Post 3.0

Nope they just make ppv main events with guys who are both 0-3 in there last three. Phone Post

Criticises the UFC for being 'entertainment'.

Puts biggest stars on some embarassing pro-wrestling garbage?

What is this Bellator he speaks of? Never heard of it. Phone Post 3.0

JerodR - 
Vote Ups for Zimmerman -

~Golf Clap~

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much - They also only pay undercard fighters 2k Phone Post 3.0

That's $1,900 more than you make a month, so what's the issue?

Can't disagree. Tho I do like exciting match ups. Not sure how to feel. Phone Post 3.0

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2210677&forum=1&page=1&pc=87

Broady - Criticises the UFC for being 'entertainment'.

Puts biggest stars on some embarassing pro-wrestling garbage?

this needs to be a meme

Bellator Fan - Fact: Tate will be the 22nd person to get a UFC title shot coming off a loss. Phone Post 3.0
Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to generally be an immediate rematch for the champ who just lost (and if I remember correctly bellator had tried to give that to Alvarez ) or a replacement for an injured challenger.

I'm on the fence with the latter - I'd rather see the title defense held off until the most deserving challenger is ready, but , I can appreciate that fans would have already given hard earned money for a ticket with a large motivator being to see the champ defend their belt and can see why a replacement is fairer to those who already bought tickets.

More so though, I'd rather see people at the top of their divisions fight others at the top of the divisions even if its off a loss. Further, a mixed win-loss ratio in the UFC is much much much much more impressive than an undefeated streak in the b-leagues (pun intended) Phone Post 3.0

everyone is acting like King Mo doesn't deserve to be in the tourney. it's not like Newton smashed him, one lucky spinning back fist

Former UFC commentator and Hook N' Shoot MMA promoter Jeff Osbourne said on John Pollack's MMAReport Podcast: "If you want to run MMA like a sport, get out. MMA needs to be run like pro-wrestling. Casual fans are the ones who pays the bills, not the hardcores."

Dave Meltzer of wrestlingobserver/mmafighting said "When Bjorn said this. He came off looking bad."