receiver for surround sound speakers: tme

Living room has built in wired surround sound speakers. Looking to get a receiver to connect them all so i can watch kid shows in full effect!! Er, i mean... live sports!

we’re not audiophiles and dont need too of the line stuff, just a decent receiver for sports once they resume.

I Find that Denon or Yamaha are solid quality for a good price. 

Have you ever shopped at Crutchfield? They have great products at good prices and what really sets them apart is their expert advice. They'll give you technical advise on what to buy and they will always help you after you've bought the item with any issues you have whether you are dealing with a possible defect and you are troubleshooting or if the product is working fine but you are in over your head trying to operate it.

Call them, tell them what you currently have that you are going to hook up to the receiver, tell them what you want out of the whole system, what your standards are, etc., and they'll match you with the right receiver.

I would lean toward whichever Yamaha they think is best matched to the specs of your system.

If you have wiring only for 5 speakers, you don't need dolby atmos etc.

Honestly, 5.1 surround with DTS and Dolby Digital is good enough and your receiver shouldn't cost more than $400.

i have had a yamaha for 8 years and love it.

Depending on if you're going to do any video switching or not, I'd go with the Yamaha A680 or the A880. Both are inexpensive and durable.

Canooke -

Have you ever shopped at Crutchfield? They have great products at good prices and what really sets them apart is their expert advice. They'll give you technical advise on what to buy and they will always help you after you've bought the item with any issues you have whether you are dealing with a possible defect and you are troubleshooting or if the product is working fine but you are in over your head trying to operate it.

Call them, tell them what you currently have that you are going to hook up to the receiver, tell them what you want out of the whole system, what your standards are, etc., and they'll match you with the right receiver.

this.  check out their website.  they've been around for decades...at least 40 years.

https://www.crutchfield.com/g_10420/Home-Theater-Receivers.html