Recommend my new Smartphone

I have an iphone 4S that has been giving me problems, never should have updated the OS. Going to recontract, so $ is not an issue. Happy to wait a bit for some new great thing if its going to make a difference, or to just get an iphone 6 or something else now.

Here is what I use it for, as well as what I like and dislike about my iphone 4S:

1. Business calls, need to conference in calls, mute, use speaker phone. 4S is OK for all this.

2. SMS with predictive text. 4S no prob. MMS seems to be a hassle on 4S, but I would seldom use it.

3. Contacts. #1 problem with 4S is that I can't sync my work contacts with Outlook.

4. Taking Photos - 4S has been OK, occasionally take video.

5. Apps - argument for Apple as I have a bunch of apps my kids use.

6. Surfing the OG - Apple app has constant issues, not sure if other OS are better.

7. Watching videos - periodically, 4S not great for this.

8. Facetime, great feature to speak with my kids when I am away, although Skype app works OK as well.

Pretty basic use all told, no Siri or gaming. Don't use to web surf other than UG/OG app and occasional Google. Thanks.

For the stuff you're saying you want to do I think you should get a Windows phone, it obviously hooks up with outlook good and is easy to use (easier to use than android imo, got an android tablet the other day and am still trying to find a decent youtube downloader), anyways I think a Windows phone is good for business stuff but is also very good for fun stuff (like a mullet). Oh and the app is better on Windows. Phone Post

galaxy.

Hmm, facetime only works on apple right? I have the exact same issue and hope a jailbreak will fix. I am NOT giving those scumbags any more of my business. Complete bs you can't revert your os back if the hardware can't handle the update. Thinking about getting a Kyocera Brigadier. But I do alot of outdoors activities and such and the durability matters to me.

Oh good. This thread again. Phone Post 3.0

Thanks MuayThaiMania, you might have sold me with the mullet analogy alone! Donkeypuncher, I looked at the iphone6 and nexus threads but they really seem to be an endless debate between fans of each that does not really help me to decide what is best for my combination of relatively basic needs and high budget.

No worries my man, get the one with the amazing camera or the shitload of tech and memory and you'll be straight. Phone Post

Really dont get the whole face time thing, apple made out they were the first to do it and people believed it. I was making video calls on my shitty sony ericcson phone 6 years ago.

The majority of the current smart phone line up will do most the stuff your after so pick one you like and you cant go wrong. Phone Post 3.0

Hauntedmemory - Really dont get the whole face time thing, apple made out they were the first to do it and people believed it. I was making video calls on my shitty sony ericcson phone 6 years ago.

The majority of the current smart phone line up will do most the stuff your after so pick one you like and you cant go wrong. Phone Post 3.0
Apple were probably the first that got people to actually use it though? Phone Post 3.0

FaceTime is super easy to use, esp as the ex has an iPhone and iPad to reach the kids. Is there an android equivalent? Phone Post 3.0

No UG app on windows. I don't use a lot of apps, but many of them only seem to be avail on Apple or android. Phone Post 3.0

ttt

Loving my Note 4....such a great piece of technology! Phone Post 3.0

MuayThaiMania - 

For the stuff you're saying you want to do I think you should get a Windows phone, it obviously hooks up with outlook good and is easy to use (easier to use than android imo, got an android tablet the other day and am still trying to find a decent youtube downloader), anyways I think a Windows phone is good for business stuff but is also very good for fun stuff (like a mullet). Oh and the app is better on Windows. Phone Post

Dis Dis Dis

I love my Windows Phone.  Camera is awesome, the UI and maps are way better than any other platform, Mcirosoft Office on the phone, 30 gigs of One Drive cloudspace for free.

Note 4 or Nexus 6. Get Touchdown for Outlook and sync until it hurts. 

Nexus 6 or Note 4

Does it sync both ways? Thanks Phone Post 3.0

Koga there is an ug app for windows, I guess it's a converted android app. It costs 99 pence of the realm and it's what I'm posting from right now ;). Phone Post

Koga - FaceTime is super easy to use, esp as the ex has an iPhone and iPad to reach the kids. Is there an android equivalent? Phone Post 3.0
Istead of making a standard call you can select make video call instead.
Dont think it will work with tablets though Phone Post 3.0

You don't do anything special with your phone. Any current smartphone does all those things listed well. Phone Post