Recommend some metal that doesn't

Sound like cookie monster! Somebody in another thread posted some stuff on Ahab (the giant), sounded cool so I checked it out. I was digging the dark, atmospheric vibe...and then cookie monster came on and started growling lol. Why do they do that silly voice in metal? Anyway, any recommendations for something like "Orion" from MOP...largely instrumental, but dark and moody? Phone Post 3.0

Hmmm.

Instrumental?

Check out Native Daughters.

http://nativedaughters.bandcamp.com/

check out some old school "ACCEPT" balls to the wall

Russian Circles
Woods of Desolation
Isis
Cult of Luna

You're welcome. Phone Post 3.0

How heavy you want? These guys sing heavy but I'd say they avoid the cookie monster / doom vocals. Ghost Brigade has that dark, moody sound you described.

Iced Earth

Mitey Mouze - Sound like cookie monster! Somebody in another thread posted some stuff on Ahab (the giant), sounded cool so I checked it out. I was digging the dark, atmospheric vibe...and then cookie monster came on and started growling lol. Why do they do that silly voice in metal? Anyway, any recommendations for something like "Orion" from MOP...largely instrumental, but dark and moody? Phone Post 3.0

try this. it is mainly instrumental and dark. few lyrics but no cookie monster (in this particular song)

80s Metallica! Phone Post 3.0

I was just going to come in here to recommend Native Daughters. Respect, Doomfarmer. Phone Post

i am gonna put this here. the music is really good. it is not cookie monster voice, but it is pretty nuts. dark and atomospheirc for sure

Dark and moody?

In Fiction by Isis springs to mind. Phone Post 3.0

Red Fang. Phone Post 3.0

Scale the summit is a pretty good instrumental band. I don't listen to instrumentals much though Phone Post

KICK - check out some old school "ACCEPT" balls to the wall
Fast as a shark as well Phone Post 3.0

GOREILLAMAN - Check out animals as leaders. Support technical instrumental shit. Phone Post 3.0
Love them. Who are some others like this? Phone Post 3.0

Tyler Toner - I was just going to come in here to recommend Native Daughters. Respect, Doomfarmer. Phone Post
Eddie is my dude. Phone Post 3.0

I the mighty

Oh sleeper

Let live

Mandroid echostar Phone Post 3.0

I have the same issue as you with the retarded deepthroat-the-mic vocals.

check out this song, the vocals are still kinda deepthroaty but it isn't over the top and doesnt bother me....love this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_10zZ1XpmU0

Sleep - dragonaut Phone Post 3.0

Tesseract's album Altered State. It's effing brilliant and their new vocalist did all clean vocals. I love it. Phone Post 3.0