Recommend some sitcoms

Sometimes, I just want to watch 30 minutes of a relaxing sitcom that doesn’t require much mental effort.

Series that I’ve enjoyed recently: Community, Parks & Recreation, Silicon Valley, Superstore.

Any recommendations?

Schitt’s Creek, as long as you don’t mind teh gays. New Girl is about as mindless a sitcom there is, but pretty funny.

1 Like

Stewed is almost 90, why would you recommend a gay sitcom ?

Mash
Keeping up appearances
As time goes by

1 Like

It’s always Sunny in Philadelphia

3 Likes

King of Queens.
Raymond.
Seinfeld.

Pretty mindless and entertaining, especially the old fathers.

3 Likes

Cheers holds up.

3 Likes

• Seinfeld

• Curb Your Enthusiasm

Larry David makes me laugh.

1 Like

American Dad, Family Guy, Bob’s Burgers, Always Sunny in Phily

2 Likes

Cheers
Married… With Children

4 Likes

Young man, we had gays back 90 years ago, Of course, we called them “sodomites” back then, and they were made of sterner stuff than today’s la-di-dah, unbutton-all-13-buttons-on-your-navy-drawers, no-better-than-they-should-be “gays,” as you call them now. Back then, a “gay” could expect to get a dead bird stuffed down the front of his pants by a mob of jeering, mocking 9-year olds at least once a day. Land’s sakes, how we use to chivvy and harass them unmercifully!

And yet, I think those were better times for both the sodomites and us as well. Our “salad days” if you will. We will not see their likes again.

2 Likes

Will look into it.

Great show, but have seen all the episodes numerous times.

Good shows, but have seen them all. Looking for something a little more current.

Seen those. I actually watched an episode of Married With Children being taped back when I lived in L.A. Christina Applegate was smoking hot. I also played handball with Ed O’Neill once at the West L.A. YMCA. (he trounced me).

2 Likes

Seen most of those, not Bob’s Burgers.

Seinfeld and curb obviously.

I love old shows too like Andy Griffith show and leave it to beaver.

Good ones, but watched them all.

New Girl
Atlanta
Flight of the Conchords

1 Like

If you have Hulu, Modern Family. I think I’m on the one of the last season and didn’t watch it while it was on tv. It’s a fun modernish sitcom.

1 Like

Big fan of Flight of the Conchords, will look into New Girl & Atlanta, thanks