Recovery Supplements

What are some good recovery supplements? I only average 5 or 6 hours a sleep a night because I have a daughter, full time and part-time job.

I already take a multi-pack of vitamins and protein.

Thanks

Thanks. i'll try some ZMA and Glutamine.

Any particular mg dosage on the glutamine?

Xen, what is ZMA?

Nevermind - Zinc Monomethionine Aspartate. Thanks though.

As far as I can tell, there's nothing better for recovery than the appropriate ratios of fast absorbing protein and carbs immediately after your workouts.

www.johnberardi.com

ZMA, proper amounts of protein.

And of course, Vitamin S.

braswell is right, for sure.

A few days ago, I would have said ZMA isn't that big of a deal. But I remembered I had a bottle stashed away -- I've been taking it the last couple nights and sleeping like a motha. I like it alot.. we'll see what happens over the next few weeks.

I'd like to know what ZMA does to inhance sleep.

-doug-

Just read an article in a Bicycle magazine about Edmund Burke, who is well-known in cycling circles for his work with the US Olympic cyclists and others. His research into post workout recovery indicates that there is a 30 minute window of optimal opportunity for reloading the muscles (not that it doesn't continue to recover after 30 minutes, just that muscles are more primed to reload in that period), and that a combination of 4 to 1 high glycemic carbs and protein is the best way. He has a product Endurox, which is set up that way, as does a company named Hammer. I used to use a supplement called GO, which I can't find anymore, which had that ratio, and i felt that it really helped my recovery after long and/or intense workouts. i had less residual muscle soreness, and was able to work out again sooner. i am searching out the Hammer and Endurox products, because the older i get (50), the more recovery becomes a limiting factor.

shoe

I second Doug. I've never read about any proposed mechanism by which ZMA would promote sleep. I think this is 100% placebo.

Oh shit! That's 2x, Doug. We're on a roll!

You shouldnt even consider anything before Glutamine.

For recovery, its the standard!

If your already taking it, THEN try everyone elses suggetions.

I would take (vitagreen) from youngliving essential oils™ it has bee pollen,barley juice,spirulina,ginseng,alfalfa juice,kelp,rosemary,l-arginine,l-cystine,l-tyrosine and pure essential oils of lemon,lemongrassand melissa for maintaing a high energy level in the body.there maybe no other like it of such guality out there.
supplement facts 4 capsules has 2.3g of every thing listed above in it.email seandrichard@netscape.com for more info and how to order.

ttt

I disagree Buffgeo. What evidence are you drawing this conclusion from?