Redditor: UFC is one of the most egregious examples of unchecked corporate greed in modern American history

That’s where Dana would chime in and say that fighting in the UFC is an opportunity, not a career. What a trash human Dana is.

3 Likes

The UFC has spent a ton of money on growing the sport. Who knows if MMA would be as popular if they had paid fighters all the money instead of doing things like TUF. These past investments allow fighters to make more today.

Anyway this whole discussion is pointless. I can’t stand egg but we truly have no clue how to run this business he’s right about that.

5 Likes

Ignored Content

Shut the fuck up nytro

nobody likes you

your fucking dog makes fun of you to other dogs

your cat wouldnt touch you to bury you in the box

10 Likes

Jesus F’ing Christ, hes worse off than Matt Hughes (not a shot at Hughes). Thats truly sad to see.

2 Likes

20220319_161454

6 Likes

UFC is where the moneys at though. So that’s who they go after

That was painful to listen to

1 Like

The fighters all signed the contracts. If you don’t like the pay don’t sign the contract and go somewhere else

This has always puzzled me.

But don’t sign the contract , agree to terms and then bitch about it after the fact

5 Likes

I really hope Spencer Fisher is nowhere near that bad…

I don’t know about you but I’m going to bitch if I found out my labor was being exploited so Anthony Kedis and Kobe’s estate can cash checks.

2 Likes

My comment is in regard to getting hurt, not fighter pay. CTE isnt the UFC or anyone else’s fault. Anyone who isn’t a complete fucking idiot knows there is a risk when you box, fight in MMA, play football etc.

That is a risk people are willing to take. The majority get out just fine, unfortunately some get hurt.

People take risks when they base jump, ride bulls, mountain climb, or any other number of activities and sports.

If you don’t want to take that risk don’t fucking participate and sit at home on the couch watching Netflix where it is safe.

4 Likes

How many shady orgs did these guys fight in that didnt have ac’s and safety rules, etc….in japan, etc

The majority of Phan’s career was outside the UFC

1 Like
1 Like

Here we go with the commie shit.

Sad that it’s infiltrated the sport.

6 Likes

Genuine lol

1 Like

The ufc shouldn’t get a pass because other companys are scummy too.

5 Likes

Well you could say the exact same thing about most pro sports. People show up to support their team, and to see the stars. I do understand the point your making, and it’s fair. However, the fighters are still getting a much smaller revenue share than most other professional sports leagues give their athletes.

except the ufc Reported a 900m revenue. How does that compare with the promotions these guys fought for outside of it?

Remember the term “Anderson Silva money”?

And how Dana insulted people for even suggesting they could pay that to a normal fighter?

That was 200k

Then Connor made people realize the ufc has a lot more than “Anderson Silva Money”

Then Nate Diaz fights Connor, beats him and gets paid 1 million (5 Anderson Silva money’s) for a rematch.

Yes, Bellator and one fc get a pass on fighter pay because they are even getting talent singing with them over the ufc for similar pay.

How can PFL afford to out pay some of these fighters?

Because the ufc pays the same, but makes waaaaaaaaaay more. Yet, they don’t pay more.

5 Likes

What happened to the health insurance? That was a done deal years ago. Maybe the current policy is to send them to the Performance Institute?

The fact that people keep harping on “revenue sharing” instead of actual pay. How are you comparing MLB which has 162 games in a season, NBA which has 82 games per season, NFL which is 17+ games with UFC which has fighters in 1-4 fights a year? You just keep saying revenue sharing without any context or breakdown.

1 Like