Reeboots now vs 15 years ago?

Does anyone feel an almost imminent fear when you hear a movie or show is getting a reeboot these days? The fear that it will be ruined with progressive angles and characters just shoehorned in?

15 years ago I'd think that the reboot of whatever it was wouldn't be great but you may get a nostalgia tingle out of it. I wouldn't consider the legacy of the franchise or series tarnished in any way.

As I said before it just feels like characters or social issues just have to be crammed in there these days. I heard clone high is getting a reboot and worry they will ruin the spirit of the show with progressive bullshit. I want to laugh and be entertained, not be fed someone else's politics.

I know boo hoo don't watch.

3 Likes

Which Reboots from 2005 were good OP?

I seen that they are rebooting the movie Twister from the 90s and it's one movie I feel has always held up to time and doesn't need a reboot. The guy directing the new Top Gun movie is going to direct it. 

The Dawn of the Dead remake/reboot from the 2000s was really good.

Chael_McD -

dredd

batman

planet of the appes

Evil Dead's reboot was solid too.

lordleone - 

I seen that they are rebooting the movie Twister from the 90s and it's one movie I feel has always held up to time and doesn't need a reboot. The guy directing the new Top Gun movie is going to direct it. 

The Dawn of the Dead remake/reboot from the 2000s was really good.

Dawn of the Dead was really good.
Twister was a stupid movie back in the 90s and is still a stupid movie now .. lol .. worst Van Halen song also

Did people complain about Dracula in '92?

Yeah entertainment on tv mostly sucks now.  Sports, movies, tv, even commercials are all chock full of progressive messaging. When I was a teen MTV played music videos. Now its woke messaging I guess. Can we just see a damn movie, tv show, play a videogane or watch a football game without some fucking political message? No, I guess not. Even the news is so biased it's not even news at this point, its social conditioning.  My kids are watching Nickelodeon and its jam packed with BLM and gay pride messages. I think people are sick of it.  

1 Like

Pokanghoya - Did people complain about Dracula in '92?

Yes! But mostly about Keannu's  very bad acting.  

Chael_McD -

Dredd

buddie - 

Yeah entertainment on tv mostly sucks now.  Sports, movies, tv, even commercials are all chock full of progressive messaging. When I was a teen MTV played music videos. Now its woke messaging I guess. Can we just see a damn movie, tv show, play a videogane or watch a football game without some fucking political message? No, I guess not. Even the news is so biased it's not even news at this point, its social conditioning.  My kids are watching Nickelodeon and its jam packed with BLM and gay pride messages. I think people are sick of it.  

I watch almost no regular tv now - mostly youtube, documentaries, the MotorTrend app, or what I call "blue collar" type reality tv (i.e. - stuff about building cars or motorcycles, Forged in Fire, some of the fishing or gold mining shows, etc).

If I do watch regular tv, it's usually re-watching something old.

There's only a small handful of regular tv shows I watch / keep up with throughout the year.

1 Like

I generally hate westerns, but I really liked the True Grit and 3:10 to Yuma remakes.