Reem vibing well at Jackson's, welcomed to join

Reem vibing well at Jackson's, welcomed to join

/go=news.detail&gid=444989

Alistair Overeem has spent fight camps at several different gyms/locations, including in Holland and at the Blackzilian's in Florida. Recently Overeem has decided to try out the famed Greg Jackson's gym in Albuquerque, New Mexico and so far so good:

"Get your ass out of the cage," Mike Winkeljohn orders after the timer signals the end of the round. "You're not that important."

"How long [will] we have those jokes?" Overeem asks with a grin.

"They have jokes in Holland?" the striking coach replies.

"We've been training every day, two times a day. It's a very positive vibe in the gym, and I actually like the scene, too," Overeem said. "I mean, it's no Miami in the sense of [flashiness]...It's not a world destination, but for me I like the people. It's friendly. It's not too big a city. There's plenty of good restaurants, and for training camp it has everything I need."

Although his tenure at Jackson-Wink MMA is in its infancy, it appears that Overeem already has a new family waiting to welcome him. That is, if he's willing.

"We all love him, so it's really up to him," Jackson said. "If he's like, 'Man I'm sticking around, this is fun' then great. If he's like, 'You guys are a bunch of idiots' that's not great. The ball's in his court. Things seem to be gelling really well."

read entire article...

He will be learning good point fighting techniques from Jackson for his next fight. Phone Post 3.0

TheMessiah - He will be learning good point fighting techniques from Jackson for his next fight. Phone Post 3.0

He could benefit from a more measured approach. That and not getting punched in the face so hard.

Yup, safe Overeem coming to an octagon near you Phone Post 3.0

Horse & Angel Tavern, 5809 Juan Tablo Blvd, Albuquerque Phone Post 3.0

TEAR GAS KUSH - Alistair "the decision man" overreem

just kidding. I love greg jackson, say what you want but anyone with this kind of love and dedication to mma is good in my book. Reem should have been there years ago.

I wanna see jj and reem sparring. Plz greg plz

i think that's gonna take JBJ to the next level...

doesn't Travis Browne train there as well?

^or bring him down to Reems level. Phone Post

This is awesome! The Reem at Jackson's means no more drug testing apparently! Ubereem shall return!! Phone Post 3.0

bye bye travis brown

this doesnt help their drug test allogations ...

DWray -
TheMessiah - He will be learning good point fighting techniques from Jackson for his next fight. Phone Post 3.0

He could benefit from a more measured approach. That and not getting punched in the face so hard.

Wasn't meaning it in a negative way. . Working with Jacksons camp will benefit him Phone Post 3.0

JROTT - This is awesome! The Reem at Jackson's means no more drug testing apparently! Ubereem shall return!! Phone Post 3.0

lol, this.

smarter game plan Overeem with a more humble attitude to match his skills would be interesting to see.
He has the talent and power he just brain farts too damn often from being too cocky to just plain dumb defense.

I Hear he use Greg Jackson own personal vibe Phone Post 3.0

Makes me imagine it went down like his Bigfoot entrance the first time he entered the gym. Phone Post 3.0

What kind of accent will Jackson unleash when cornering Reem?

Overeem didn't need Jackson to learn how to fight safe. Didn't you watch the Mir fight? Phone Post 3.0

TheMessiah - He will be learning good point fighting techniques from Jackson for his next fight. Phone Post 3.0
Just like Cerronne, Swanson, and Jones, right? Phone Post 3.0

So when did Kirik hire some dude from matbattle to make the titles for the UG blog?

Some of these top tier fighters need to allow themselves to be coached and submit to giving up control. Everyone said Reem was a Primadonna and he ran the show etc... I think he needs to just be a fighter in a camp and let the coaches coach him.

I can say the same thing for BJ. Can you imagine if BJ just went to Jackson's or Alpha Male?

You'l never see a guy like Frankie Edgar becoming a 1 man show. Being coachable is so important.