Ref ruined the Overeem/Werdum fight

TopGrinder -  Werdum is the new Kalib Starnes

Hey now, let's not say something we can't take back.

This is the same guy who came in heavy, like he did against Dos Santos and he's lucky it didn't end the same way with him getting ktfo.

Tankhead - Stalling is illegal. And telling a fighter to stand up 2-3 times in one sitting (lol @ even being able to say that)is stalling. He deserved to at least be warned. If he did it again after the warning, he should have had a point deducted.

Werdum spin team in full effect!

"STALLING ISN'T ILLEGAL!!!"

Calhoon - Nothing Werdum did was illegal.

If its not illegal to take your sweet ass time like its a Sunday afternoon, everytime Werdum was getting up, it should be.

I think it would ahve been correct to warn Werdum about the stalling to get up then penalize him.

If Aoki did what Werdum did, he would be SLATED on here much worse than Werdum.

Seems to me the people that love to ahte Overeem are the ones going on about this as if Werdum did nothing wrong.

And what about Overeem? In second and third round he spent some time in werdum's guard and he had plenty of chances to GnP, but he refused.

And also once on their feet werdum smashed Overeem, which is embarrassing.

EckY -  If Aoki did what Werdum did, he would be SLATED on here much worse than Werdum.

Seems to me the people that love to ahte Overeem are the ones going on about this as if Werdum did nothing wrong.

True and true.

The only fight that Aoki ever iirc failed to take the ground really was Gil. His tds are totally underated.

Werdum ruined the fight and ruined his reputation Phone Post

Werdum is an embarssement to the sport He has so much time to prepare for this fight u think he'd atleast try to take overeem down but know he sits on his ass and smiles like it's funny well guess what it's not funny and taking 30 seconds To stand up about 10 time a round is ridiculous Phone Post

2JupitersTooMany -  Fights like that are a gift to MMA fans.  It wasn't boring, it was odd.  I'll remember that fight a lot longer than I remember some of the "better" ones.
troof.

Hercules Rockerfeller - Was anyone else reminded of Anderson Silva vs Demian Maia?

I was thinking this throughout the whole fight

I started to forget about it though with some of the shots Werdum was landing