Ref = WOW NERVOUS RETARD

Who was that guy in the Omigawa vs Tavares
fight...??

Did he win a bet with Dana and get to ref a bout?

BAD BAD BAD

Brooks

He did better than Herb.........

Lets stand them up a few seconds before the bell!

Yeah, that sucked.

thats Josh Rosenthal. I've seen him ref several WEC fihts, and if given the opportunity he will show everyone that he's the worst ref ever.

Bad reffing??? What was worse than Mario Slappacocky standing up Machida and Soku when Machida was going for an arm triangle?...........You know, the same one that he won with in round two.

Bad stoppage by Herb...  real bad.

Josh is excellent..

Has probably refereed a couple hundred fights. May have been nervous as it was his first UFC.. which is totally understandable.

I thought he did a good job.

The tats on his arm were low class for a ref at an event of that caliber. I think he should be forced to wear a long sleeve shirt while reffing.

Also, the timing of that end of the round standup was horrible.

What's up with Herb and early stoppages.  Two of them tonight (Cote/McFedries and Pelligrino/Crane).  Both times the guys were hurt sure but in no way finished.  Both immediately hopped up/smiled after the fight.  He needs to take lessons from Mazzagatti on how to let the action go until one fighter or the other is clearly out or taps/submits.  Of course it's possible (maybe even probable) that both fights end the same way but now we'll never know.

Extremely frustrating to watch.

Oh and the new ref did look a bit skiddish/pyschotic.

Josh is a horrible Ref. I watched him sit there and warn a fighter for hitting a guy in the back of the head and then the fighter getting hit in the back of the head went into the fettle position and Rosenthal awarded the guy commiting the foul the fight. I was dissapointed to see him in the big show.

"Bad reffing??? What was worse than Mario Slappacocky standing up Machida and Soku when Machida was going for an arm triangle?...........You know, the same one that he won with in round two"

the scary part is Mario is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Instructor and a black belt in BJJ.

Both of Dean's stoppages were fine. Crane literally covered his face with his hand and turned away. McFedries slumped to the canvas and while most of Cote's strikes weren't landing well, he was just sitting in the fetal position not moving. If you don't want the ref to stop it you can't just lay there like that.

"Both of Dean's stoppages were fine. Crane literally covered his face with his hand and turned away."

Everyone does that. He could have been rolling to avoid the hits and around into guard. The fight was stopped the instant he covered his face, which is retarded. He was not given as much as one second to recover or more "intelligently" defend.

Mcfedries stoppage was fine, like you said he basically went fetal. The strikes weren't landed but it was clear he wanted out.

The guy steps in then backs out almost saying, "Sorry I am confused....carry on with the fight"

"Ummm Hi ...sorry!"

All he was missing was a blushing face of a schoolgirl.

If you are a ref in the UFC you are there for a reason. Have some balls and take control, that is your job.

Brooks