Refresh my memory(Brian Johnston)

orcus -  "Well, re-watching some of his fights like him vs Bobish, I'm thinking to myself-what the hell? Why did I and many others back then think high of him?"

You'll probably be saying this about other fighters I can think of in the not-too-distant future.

SMH

I saw you post earlier today and it was not Fedor related. Unlike you, I didn't reply or quote you and try to talk off topic about Fedor.

Sadly, you cannot match that.

You worry me man, I don't understand how you can hate an mma fighter so much. Anyways, gwan get yur hate on

orcus -  "Well, re-watching some of his fights like him vs Bobish, I'm thinking to myself-what the hell? Why did I and many others back then think high of him?"

You'll probably be saying this about other fighters I can think of in the not-too-distant future.

You're sad man.  This is an MMA forum. We discuss tons of mma topics. Business side, rules side, womens mma fighting, smaller orgs, up and coming fighters, veteren fighters, old school fighters(like what this topic is about).

Yet you follow me and try to make this negative about Fedor.  What is wrong with you man? Do you need some hugs? Here's an E-hug from me to you.

Do something non mma related and try to have fun b/c I think mma makes you an unhappy negative person.

orcus makes 1.45 from Zuffa every time he trashes Fedor.

quick - I will always remember Big John breaking his nose. The man looked pretty pissed off after that one.

This! Forearm to the face from a fly in tackle if I remember correctly. Phone Post

Who said anything about any specific fighters? Lol @ making two butthurt posts in a row.

Yeah, it's obvious I'm the one who is butthurt and it's obvious you weren't insinuating.

Great job adding to the thread Orcus. Here's another hug man, cheer up.

I was very impressed with Johnston during his fight with Don Frye. Frye said that Johnston actually had him "rocked" at one point. Phone Post

http://www.allfreefightvideos.com/2011/08/don-frye-vs-brian-johnston-fight-video.html

Tank being prolific on the commentary "If you don't know how to wrestle, you don't know how to fight. That's the prerequisite of fighting"-Tank Abbot 1996

he wasn't "huge" by any means just very tall and put together with an agressive style.

He had a stroke early and bounced back but never got to compete again.

He would goto war though before most of you "noobs" knew what MMA was.

Halloween -

He would goto war though before most of you "noobs" knew what MMA was.

I'm fairly certain that everyone who has posted in this thread(who also have an earlier sign up date than you do) was watching mma back then.

Maybe you were talking about others not in this thread, but bad choice of wording.

crowbar -  Back in 97 I`m pretty sure that Strikeforce was a kickboxing event. 

He won via submission(choke)

Weird that this was the only fight listed on that fight "card"

Might have been an exibition or "special attraction" that was recorded. 

Brian Johnstin is/was awesome and will always be one of my favorite fighters! Phone Post

Johnston was a bad dude.  Tough guy, well respected in the mma world.  suffered stroke and held a pro wrestling show in japan in his honor.  good friends with don frye...

If I can recall correctly, I think it was Johnston and Frye in Fujita's corner at pride 10 screaming at fujita to win and i believe they were taunting at ken the whole time too...Frye / Johnston HATED Ken Shamrock with passion.

What Helwig said. And his shorts.

He used to post here back in the day.
Shame what happened. Phone Post

EatonBeever -  Johnston was a bad dude.  Tough guy, well respected in the mma world.  suffered stroke and held a pro wrestling show in japan in his honor.  good friends with don frye...

If I can recall correctly, I think it was Johnston and Frye in Fujita's corner at pride 10 screaming at fujita to win and i believe they were taunting at ken the whole time too...Frye / Johnston HATED Ken Shamrock with passion.

Funny thing is, I remember quite a few back-and-forths with Johnston right here in the beginning.

And Johnston when replying regarding Shamrock, was very defensive about Shamrock and his skills as a fighter. I figured back then it was because he got served.

A fun and colorful fighter with a lot of promise back then.  Great addition to any card.

crowbar -  Back in 97 Im pretty sure that Strikeforce was a kickboxing event.&nbsp;<br />
<br />
It
s possible that you liked his American Flag shorts.

LOL!!!   I know that's why I liked him  :)

He joined the band in 1980 soon after Bon Scott died.He along with the band went on to sell over 50,000,000 units in the US alone. 

The fight where Brian Johnston put a beating on that Iranian greco wrestler before he fought Mark Coleman is still the most badass thing ever and is what hooked me on MMA. Phone Post

Pics of him now? Phone Post