Refreshing Threads

Anyone know why I have to refresh a thread repeatedly to see the newest posts, even though those posts can be days old?

This isn't a complaint, mostly because complaints mean nothing here, I'm just wondering since there is literally no other message board I've visited where I've had to do this. When I visit those sites all posts up to the point that I go to the thread instantly appear. I don't have to hit refresh a half dozen times for the last several posts, or even the last page, to show up like what happens here.

What makes the OG so craptacularly special that I have to refresh every thread here?

Top. Men.

Top men are working on it.

And the bottom takes it and likes it.

I thought this was going to be a thread about threads on here that I could peruse and say "this is a refreshing thread" 

Nickelback is my jam.. AMA -

I thought this was going to be a thread about threads on here that I could peruse and say "this is a refreshing thread" 

Aaaahhhhh...so refreshing....

![Uncola Man GIF | Gfycat](upload://wVl6xdeJTr6tT19bzO98LTWDMdq.gif)

![](upload://AmMFhwpVfF4OYcfTfHuvYSy2DcA.jpeg)

This thread is refreshing. Maybe even effervescent.

My guess is they tried to implement some sort of caching strategy to alleviate pressure on the forums when they used to crash a lot due to traffic. Just speculation.

![](upload://aQ1qmjvcl4SZbcOZ0Zfu1wNYZl6.gif)

I've noticed that if i hit the back arrow on my browser (return to previous page), i usually have to hit it multiple times.  It shows that it is getting hung up on the wowyow api.

Wonder if that is related to this 

Happens to me in the app but not the website. I assume it's a caching issue. 

Yep. Been this way ever since my app started working again a couple months ago. 

Introduced around 5 years ago, MMA.TVs patented DeFresh system is still on the cutting edge of depriving customers the latest content.

Like many others, I was expecting cucumber water with a touch of lemon zest. *leaves unfreshed

I thought this was going to be a non-political thread, or a thread that doesnt have someone say China is asshoe, or a thread where we arent talking about black people being hunted.

Did I cover everything?