REFUSING to do business w certain GROUPS of people

are there certain groups of people you refuse to do business with, partner with, get involved in money with bc of negative past experiences with multiple samples of said group?

the "group" could mean specific socioeconimic background, beliefs system, personality types, assocations (personal/trade/social, etc.), ethnicity.....

specifically dealing with money, business, investments, partnerships....NOT romantic relationships, friendships, social relationships....straight business/money dealings

Conversely, are there certain groups of people you PREFER to do business with

remember this is a thread about GENERALIZATIONS of groups of people you have had past experiences upon which you have surmised a pattern

i know this will end up turning into some racist, anti semite, argument but try to keep it civil and logical and based on actual experiences from multiple samples of said group (not just one bad experience)

this might sound counter-intuitive bc Im an accountant (primarily), but I generally avoid taking on clients that need help with multiple years worth of back taxes and audits....sure there is money to be made with client representation, and client representation is all about helping clients' with back taxes and tax troubles.....however, from my multiple dealings with these guys, i've learned that they got themselves into financial/tax trouble mainly because of their PERSONALITY

i've found them to be either Victim players ("it's unfair that i work so hard and they are going after my money!"), Big Talkers ("i'll pay you top dolla rto help me out"), or a combination of both.....what does that mean?

1.  it will be near impossible to get their documents and information in order, bc by nature, they are unorganized people who ahve issues with priorities and time management

2.  when the IRS/states are after them for a bunch of back taxes owed that they can't pay.....i certainly have learned that I'll be the last one to be paid, despite being their only potential savior

3.  sure i can avoid/minimize that nonsense if i bill them like a lawyer bills, upfront retainer, billable hour, etc...most of the time these people are referred by current clients, or a friend of a friend....and they'll give you their sob stories about how they cant pay you right now and will right away haggle you down and beat you up on price

not worth it

i hate doing business with broke people. it becomes charity almost immediately

people i PREFER to have as clients from many positive experiences (generally)

Arab small business owners....im not arab, and maybe some of them prefer to deal with non arabs for whatever reason, but i have a shit ton of Arab clients.....maybe they like my tie or something

anyway....in general, these guys are good guys......they are frugal...but they are not cheap and do not haggle you down on price after you have agreed on a specific contract (unlike some other groups)...they are just easy to deal with, in general, and are no nonsense, not nitpicky, and are the types to trust whomever they hire to take the work off their plates......

As long as the money is green its good. One group of people I have found it hard to do business with is Asian people. My cousin owns his own business (sharpens knives for restaurant industry) and they almost always say no. I still try though. Phone Post 3.0

Z NEDCMK1 - 

I generally stay away from asian guys from northern NJ who are into hiking and butt sex.

that is just plain racist and homophobic

West afticans

All they wanna do is argue. Even when you tell them they are right. Phone Post 3.0

flying_flamingo_kick - As long as the money is green its good. One group of people I have found it hard to do business with is Asian people. My cousin owns his own business (sharpens knives for restaurant industry) and they almost always say no. I still try though. Phone Post 3.0

Most Asians sharpen their own knives.  Whether it be with a sharpening block or just honing it with the honig stick.

flying_flamingo_kick - As long as the money is green its good. One group of people I have found it hard to do business with is Asian people. My cousin owns his own business (sharpens knives for restaurant industry) and they almost always say no. I still try though. Phone Post 3.0

money is green, and generally is good...but sometimes not worth the trouble...ends up costing you more in time, work, stress, etc

another type of tax client ill refuse are the prospective ones that call and say "i normally do my taxes on Turbotax, but i wasnt getting a good refund, so i want to see if you would do mine"

this person is basically shopping for a refund....this guy will haggle you down in price, bc when he uses turbo tax it is so cheap.....then after you do his taxes he will constantly compare it to his own turbo tax calculations and question you on every single thing, mostly bc he is incorrectly processing on his turbotax making him think im not doing my job correctly

not worth it...when someone calls me and says they use turbotax and want a better refund i jsut tell them to stick with turbotax

I can pick up on disorganized people in a blink and will not have anything to do with them, because not only is the process ten times more stressful than it needs to be, it never ends well either.

The way they present a project, their time table, how quickly they get you information. Once I get a hint of that I just say I'm all booked up, sorry maybe another time.

I have a small niche retail shop and the Vietnamese customers I get will haggle the price on everything. Shit is annoying.

I do drug testing and by far the worst people I deal with aren't the people on probation. It's a toss up between tests involving Divorce, Child Custody and Parents bringing in their kids to be tested.

The divorce cases I always end up getting the crazy ex wife on the phone demanding results from her soon to be ex husband. Of course I can't give them to her and they freak the fuck out on the phone. "I'm going to sue you if you dont give me his results" and blah blah blah. I generally just laugh and hang up. Then their attorney calls. Saying they want results for their clients ex husband in which the response is still NO. The results are given to the client and the client ONLY.

And because the results are given to the client only it makes it a tough situation when parents bring in their kids. If they're 18 I won't give the parents the results either. Then they get mad at me like it's my fault their kids have rights as an adult. They don't have to see them as adults but I do.

Testing involving child custody from FOC(Friend Of The Court) is also a fucking headache. They always want to come in and do tests to make sure they're clean and shit like that. Not going to happen. I'm not doing a test, have it come up positive and then the person walks out gets a cleaning agent and then gets custody of their kid when they're high as shit. I tell them I won't do independant testing from the court. If your involved at all in the court process it gets sent there. Don't like it? Go some place else. I'm not going to have the death of some kid on my head when one of these parents ends up getting into a car wreck and killing their kid.

If I never had to do a test for the above three again I would die happy.

People from the middle east. They seem to have no problem lying in order to try to weasle you out of more money or services. It's almost like they're obligated to lie to you in order to better their position.

If you're an asshole to them they cut tend to cut it out, but I'm not interested in doing business with people who need to be bullied into being honest. Phone Post 3.0

As a former wedding photographer i hated doing business with Africans. Not African Americans they were fine for the most part, Africans are the worst. They treat you like a slave and get pissed when I would sit to eat. They're racist as fuck too; I would be referred to as Mexican (I'm not Mexican and don't even look like one) or white boy. Schedules don't mean shit to them; wedding starts at 3? The bride will arrive there at 4. Only have 10 minutes to take pictures after the ceremony, of course it's your fault. Phone Post 3.0

kindofawesome - As a former wedding photographer i hated doing business with Africans. Not African Americans they were fine for the most part, Africans are the worst. They treat you like a slave and get pissed when I would sit to eat. They're racist as fuck too; I would be referred to as Mexican (I'm not Mexican and don't even look like one) or white boy. Schedules don't mean shit to them; wedding starts at 3? The bride will arrive there at 4. Only have 10 minutes to take pictures after the ceremony, of course it's your fault. Phone Post 3.0
This is the shit im talking about. Phone Post 3.0

West Africans, Somalians, and anyone with the last name Patel.  I will just walk away, or politely decline on the phone.  I will never, EVER, do business with, or work for, a Patel again.  Four fucking times, the same result every time. 

BackOffWarchild - 

West Africans, Somalians, and anyone with the last name Patel.  I will just walk away, or politely decline on the phone.  I will never, EVER, do business with, or work for, a Patel again.  Four fucking times, the same result every time. 

ive never dealt with Africans in business before

however, many Indians are very nitpicky and all over your ass...and yes they will haggle the shit out of you, even AFTER you have agreed upon a price and performed the agreed upon services

it's part of the culture in India to haggle for everything....sometimes they can't let go of that when here in the states

as my former indian coworker used to say about his people...."they can squeeze the buffalo off a nickel"

In Limbo - 
BackOffWarchild - 

ive never dealt with Africans in business before

however, many Indians are very nitpicky and all over your ass...and yes they will haggle the shit out of you, even AFTER you have agreed upon a price and performed the agreed upon services

it's part of the culture in India to haggle for everything....sometimes they can't let go of that when here in the states

as my former indian coworker used to say about his people...."they can squeeze the buffalo off a nickel"

Years back I bought a new home. I can remember the guy who worked for the builder telling me stories of the Indian people buying homes. They would literally carry a magnifying glass around showing him defects they wanted fixed.

He said the funny thing about them was going back for the 1 year final walk through. They still had sheets tacked on the walls for curtains and 1/2 their crap still in boxes.

Family Phone Post 3.0

ShanTheMan - Family Phone Post 3.0

lol good one

was waiting for someone to mention family

i think that'll prob be the most common group mentioned here

Fucking Gypsies ,dont ever do business with Gypsies Phone Post 3.0