Regaining consciousness in an armbar

the ref should have the license trashed but should the corner have thrown in the towel also

5 Likes

That was just fucking ridiculous.
Is this the first time the ref has seen MMA?

Were they just like “We’re short a ref. But we lucked out because there’s a boxing match next door. We’ll just use one of them. What? No, he has never seen or heard of MMA.”

1 Like

I would argue that professional circuit boxing refs are better at what they do on average than pro level mma refs by a wide margin. However, MMA is definitely harder to officiate.

2 Likes

This guy will get someone killed, severely hurt or end their career. Pretty fucking obvious dude was out.

1 Like

I think you missed the message. I’m not saying one type of ref is better than the other, I’m saying this ref sucks balls and didn’t know what the fuck he was doing. Like he came from another sport and was completely ignorant on MMA and submissions.

Maybe I should have used an NFL ref as an example?

No I get your point. I was off on a tangent. Your example is valid.

1 Like

Sorry. I haven’t had coffee yet. :laughing:

2 Likes

probably a snooker ref from next door, given the level of expertise demonstrated here lol

2 Likes

Hopefully that guy never referees again.

4 Likes

That fat fuck should face a firing squad

The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation, which oversaw Fury FC 76, has since released a statement on the bout.

“TDLR is aware of concerns about the officiating in one of last night’s fights,” the statement read. “All TDLR officials receive ongoing training and we monitor each fight for consistency in officiating.

“Fight officials for each competition are always selected in conjunction with promoters.”

Meanwhile, Fury FC officials also released a statement on the promotion’s Facebook page criticizing the referee’s awareness in the bout.

“It is the referee’s job to protect the fighter when the fighter cannot protect him or herself. In last night’s main event, the referee failed to do this,” the promotion stated. “While the job of a referee is one of the hardest to do in this sport, the need for proper and continued training would help to alleviate things like this incident.

“We do not hire, train, or select refs for our shows, but we would be more than willing to lead a revamp and overhaul of the reffing and judging selection and training process.”

According to the Sherdog.com database, Collazo has officiated 129 MMA bouts dating back to 2014.

1 Like

what do ewe mean by that?

1 Like

That was very bad.

Did you mean baa-d?

1 Like

Can’t tell you how many times I’ve woken up in an armbar.
Back in the olden days that was a good day.

1 Like

Didn’t Ronda used to wake up in an armbar?

She sure didn’t wake up shawdowboxing.

3 Likes

Ref: “I don’t interfere with the nature”.

2 Likes