Register for demerger

A friendly reminder to Montrealers to register for the demerger vote. Please, please please please please register.

Oh, and F*CK the separatist former government of Quebec who insisted that Quebec as a whole is distinct enough to warrant succession from Canada, but the boroughs of Montreal are homogenous enough to make separate cities worthless. Hypocrites.

Oh, and so this thread doesn't get bumped to the wasteland that is the O-ground: Paul Martin would KILL Landry in MMA, but Landry would later claim he had the flu.

Cheers, and "Vive les Banlieux, Vive les Banlieux Libres!"

Joe

ttt for political mma!

TTT for Canada Joe the "Freedom Fighter"!!!
Gee bro, cmon.

So yeah, regardless of your political leanings, please, do a favor to
MTL, and dont sign for the demergers!!

Jf

Arrrrrghh!!! Hulk SMASH!!!

Or, if you're not in favour of the demergers, you can sign for the demerger vote, and then vote no. But at least that way there's a vote on the matter, rather than having it decided by the powers on high (who have by the way been booted out of office in favour of a government who promised a vote on this very issue).

And if this is JF from Gamma -- boy are you in for some kneeriding from hell! Joe Canada vs JF Fusionnista -- the grudge match!

On a serious note, how can a government expect to be taken seriously when their main, if not only policy is breaking away from the rest of the country because of cultural and economic differences but at the same time advocate, nay impose, the fusion of all the disparate boroughs that make up arguably the most culturally diverse city in the country?

I mean, I get the separatist argument. I don't agree with it, but I understand the logic behind it and can respect those traitors who adopt that philosophy.

I also get the mega-city argument, and in most cases would agree it's the way to go.

What I can't get over is the fact that these two positions are mutually exclusive. You can't advocate separation based on cultural disparity while at the same time advocating fusion despite it. Especially since a community's culture, values, and 'personality' are more affected by neighbourhood issues than federal ones.

Am bringing my lady to register today. Last I heard, three boroughs already have enough signatures -- hope more get them.

By the way -- the whole demerger process is skewed to make it difficult to demerge, but that's another issue.

Cheers!

Joe

Hey Joe,

Sorry I left town before you got your chance to kneeride me from hell! I will be back to visit again soon though.

Wade

Sorry you should be -- I got fatter in the meantime.

When're you coming back into town?

I will be back to visit on the 29th but I am living in Ottawa for good now.

Wade

THE MERGERS BATTLE IS ON!!!!!!!!

THE FIRST BATTLE WAS WON TONIGHT BY ARMBAR BY NO OTHER
THAN 'EL EVIL FUSIONISTA SEPARISTISTO' JF (AKA TAKESHI MIIKE).

WILL "FREEDOM FIGHTER (and oppressed cult member) CANADA
JOE' FINALLY ADMIT THAT HE'S LOST IT? (and not just the merger
battle...) ???????

WE SHALL SEE ON WEDNESDAY AS THE NEXT BATTLE UNFOLDS!

(bets are accepted)

Ps: Joe, the first step to recovery is to admit it that you're a victim
of a cult. You are always welcomed at my deprogramming center.
We're very forgiving :-)

Granted, I tapped. No excuses. Even a broken clock is right twice a day...

But since you've gone ahead and posted this on the net...

No more pulling 1/2 guard, no more fancy crap. Just me passing you, jumping to knee ride, and driving that knee into you until you tap. I call it "Crapyourpantsioli", and I would advise you to eat lightly on Wednesday...

And when I'm done, I'm taking your library card and impersonating you to vote for demergers in your neighbourhood too!

Bets are accepted