Religion… What do you think?

This is just a little poll to see which faiths the people of this community belong to.

I myself am a scientist. To be more specific I have four years of undergraduate education, followed by four years of medical school, divided into two years of classroom training in medicine and two years of clinical training..

People looking for something to belong to. Phone Post 3.0

I worship zecharia sitchen, the last prophet. You wont be laughing when the annunaki return. Phone Post 3.0

I think it doesn't matter what I think.

pasta

Organized religion is all counter-progressive. We'd be much better off as a species without the god delusion.

It's one thing to believe something nutty, in a personal context. It's another thing to organize with other people who believe the same nutty shit and militarize yourselves towards a common ideal. That's a cult, but the word "cult" is only used today to suppress the growth of other spiritual movements. All religions are cults.

My biggest problem is that, in America, we have an alleged separation of church and state, but it means nothing. How is it separation if church and state if religious people are voting based on their beliefs and politicians are running on Christian platforms? It doesn't feel like separation of church and state, when voters and politicians stand against gay-marriage for entirely religious reasons. Phone Post 3.0

Agnostic btw. Phone Post 3.0

PoopDooper - Organized religion is all counter-progressive. We'd be much better off as a species without the god delusion.

It's one thing to believe something nutty, in a personal context. It's another thing to organize with other people who believe the same nutty shit and militarize yourselves towards a common ideal. That's a cult, but the word "cult" is only used today to suppress the growth of other spiritual movements. All religions are cults.

My biggest problem is that, in America, we have an alleged separation of church and state, but it means nothing. How is it separation if church and state if religious people are voting based on their beliefs and politicians are running on Christian platforms? It doesn't feel like separation of church and state, when voters and politicians stand against gay-marriage for entirely religious reasons. Phone Post 3.0
Good post Phone Post 3.0

Hail Gaia Phone Post 3.0

mike_rizzo - I worship zecharia sitchen, the last prophet. You wont be laughing when the annunaki return. Phone Post 3.0
YES!!!! Phone Post 3.0

Atheist, but not the kind that argues with people. Live and let live.

FelixKdMyBJHole - This is just a little poll to see which faiths the people of this community belong to.

I myself am a scientist. To be more specific I have four years of undergraduate education, followed by four years of medical school, divided into two years of classroom training in medicine and two years of clinical training..

Being a scientist isn't a faith. Many of the greatest scientists in history have been devoted to religion. So, what is your faith?

I'm a "born Catholic, 20 years agnostic pagan, and then back to Catholic".

sadic1 - 
FelixKdMyBJHole - This is just a little poll to see which faiths the people of this community belong to.

Being a scientist isn't a faith. Many of the greatest scientists in history have been devoted to religion. So, what is your faith?

I'm a "born Catholic, 20 years agnostic pagan, and then back to Catholic".

I think for myself.

And thanks for replying. Note, I will not judge you in anyway. The only thing I don't like is to engage in conversation with stupid people lol.

Religion has been a net plus for society. People blame it for the actions of individuals but then refuse to credit it when it inspires people to be better than they normally are. Which is human nature. We love assigning blame,avoiding responsibiity and taking credit. 

Things created by religious types: Musical notation, Modern Genetics, aspects of Modern Astronomy/Maths/Atomic Theory/ etc..., Tons of paintings/sculptures/literature/songs etc... Religious people also saved the works of pagan intellectuals from rampaging pagans when the western Roman Empire fell, movable type,etc... Hell, the Scientifc Method has been attributed to Francis Bacon. And he was a monk.

But we shit on religion and assume anyone who follows them are stupid because it lets us feel smart. Intellectual insecurity is sated by shitting on easy targets.

I'm an atheist. Phone Post 3.0

PoopDooper - Organized religion is all counter-progressive. We'd be much better off as a species without the god delusion.

first the idea of seperation of church and state is non existant in the american laws

the law is seperation of state from church as per the constitution of the us.

there is nothing that forbids church (or religious people) from participating in state affairs based on whatever there moral beliefs are or what they are based on.

second it's funny that you post about organizing together with like minded people as bad for religious after using the phrase "god delusion"

FelixKdMyBJHole - And thanks for replying. Note, I will not judge you in anyway. The only thing I don't like is to engage in conversation with stupid people lol.

We need to check the IP address on this troll account. Too obvious.

Eeeeeeeeeessssbooollllssshhhheeeettt Phone Post 3.0

MickColins - 

Religion has been a net plus for society. People blame it for the actions of individuals but then refuse to credit it when it inspires people to be better than they normally are. Which is human nature. We love assigning blame,avoiding responsibiity and taking credit. 

Things created by religious types: Musical notation, Modern Genetics, aspects of Modern Astronomy/Maths/Atomic Theory/ etc..., Tons of paintings/sculptures/literature/songs etc... Religious people also saved the works of pagan intellectuals from rampaging pagans when the western Roman Empire fell, movable type,etc... Hell, the Scientifc Method has been attributed to Francis Bacon. And he was a monk.

But we shit on religion and assume anyone who follows them are stupid because it lets us feel smart. Intellectual insecurity is sated by shitting on easy targets.

Back in the day being part of a religious order was really the only way you could get to spend a part of your day thinking about stuff. Everyone else was too fucking buys scraping a living. So yes a few of them came up with some useful stuff, but most just wasted their time with mindless chanting.

Since the modern era dawned and there has been a bit of surplus food to go around, the VAST majority of scientists have become atheist.