Religious views during class!

I agree, but I have never been to a resturaunt where after or before a meal, the chef or waitstaff comes and tells me about the merits of Jesus. Never had my LDS Dentist talk about Mormonism. Never been to Thai Grocery and have owner tell me about Buhdda . Never been to indie record store and been preached about atheism.....professional businessmen and women. But that leads to my earlier point, identity and people who feel all their personal views are interesting enough that everyone should hear about it......cuz were all stupid and don't have our own opinions already, it's hubris.

But yea, I would find a new school If the instructor wasnt professional in this way. But then again, I would probaly argue with the instructor over religion and politics ,I am paying him money for jiujitsu so he is going to hear my views If I now paying money to attend a religious/political lecture. If that's an issue for the instructor....that dude is a quasi-cult leader in his own mind

OP. please tell me where you go to train. I want to know where to avoid. Phone Post 3.0

How does one insert religions into jiu jitsu anyway.

"This is the kimura jesus used to jack up thomas's arm. Now let's pray" Phone Post 3.0

LOL@Hitlers 2 million.

He did that staring at them.

In addition to religion, there are other topics martial arts instructors frequently seem to like to hold court on, like diet, philosophy, etc.

I think the root of this is due to the fact that martial arts instructors believe that their skill in their martial art makes them better than other people and therefore experts in everything.

Penetration Skills -
GrahamJ - Not really: nobody's talking about communism here.

Plus: fifty years against two thousand -

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/31318110.jpg

stalin killed 7 million.

hitler killed like 2 million.

They had nothing to do with religion.

but continue whining.

I love how you think your point is made when you find people that committed mass murder that aren't religious. Phone Post

Hippie Ripper - I agree, but I have never been to a resturaunt where after or before a meal, the chef or waitstaff comes and tells me about the merits of Jesus. Never had my LDS Dentist talk about Mormonism. Never been to Thai Grocery and have owner tell me about Buhdda . Never been to indie record store and been preached about atheism.....professional businessmen and women. But that leads to my earlier point, identity and people who feel all their personal views are interesting enough that everyone should hear about it......cuz were all stupid and don't have our own opinions already, it's hubris.

But yea, I would find a new school If the instructor wasnt professional in this way. But then again, I would probaly argue with the instructor over religion and politics ,I am paying him money for jiujitsu so he is going to hear my views If I now paying money to attend a religious/political lecture. If that's an issue for the instructor....that dude is a quasi-cult leader in his own mind

You've never been to a soulfood restaurant with someone playing hymns on an organ? No? Then you've never lived!

OP: Do you train at a school in the largest city in Canada? Perhaps the biggest school in the largest city in Canada?

It's a private business. If you don't like it, just leave.

I dont think an instructor should be pushng his religious views on students during class but if its there business they can do what they want. At the same time if you dont like it you can just leave which is what I would do. I dont do jiu jitsu to hear someone preach if I want that i'll go to church.