Relson on his feud w Royce & Rickson's record...

Relson Gracie pulls no punches and talks about sport Jiu-Jitsu, Roger Gracie in MMA, Rickson's 400 fights and His Feud with Royce Gracie.

http://www.bjjeasteurope.com/2012/08/relson-gracie-on-sport-jiu-jitsu-roger.html

I am proud to be a member of Team Relson Gracie. He gets overlooked a lot but he was the world champ, and family champ for 22 years. I am lucky to have a instructor who lived with Relson in Hawaii. I know I am biased, but the best Gracie Jiu Jitsu as taught be Helio comes from Relson Gracie.

"Coral belt (Red and Black) in Jiu-Jitsu and son of none other than Helio Gracie, Relson Gracie has lived in the U.S. for 27 years and has never taught in Brazil."

huni, Relson was head instructor of Humaita. He definitely has taught in Brazil. What he meant in his interview is that, since he moved to America, he hasn't taught in Brazil.

Relson is due for his Red belt early next year. Who would give it to him? Rickson? Phone Post

Some say Rorion, others say his brothers will collectively confer the rank.

303 - I am proud to be a member of Team Relson Gracie. He gets overlooked a lot but he was the world champ, and family champ for 22 years. I am lucky to have a instructor who lived with Relson in Hawaii. I know I am biased, but the best Gracie Jiu Jitsu as taught be Helio comes from Relson Gracie.

really?l

303 - I am proud to be a member of Team Relson Gracie. He gets overlooked a lot but he was the world champ, and family champ for 22 years. I am lucky to have a instructor who lived with Relson in Hawaii. I know I am biased, but the best Gracie Jiu Jitsu as taught be Helio comes from Relson Gracie.

Have you trained with all the other Gracies to know? Phone Post

I find it quite surprising that he still believes you can be a top competitor in today's mma with only jiu jitsu, and that royce lost to Matt Hughes because royce fought using karate! And you wont get your face punched if you only use gracie jiu jitsu! :-\ Phone Post

Interesting Phone Post

Marcgeo13 - 

Relson is due for his Red belt early next year. Who would give it to him? Rickson? Phone Post

The whole family will be there but I heard from one of his guys Rorion will do the presentation. Wish I could be there for that, but I have friends who will be.

[b]Who is the new generation of Gracie you like to see fight, do you think represent the family well?[/b]

No one follows the Helio Gracie system , I do not approve of anything. I do not see anyone at the present. Royce was good until he switched to karate, Muay Thai, whatever. He started to do these things and went with the style of Muay Thai against Matt Hughes. Royce fought Muay Thai with Matt Hughes, you did not seen him fighting Jiu-Jitsu. I never spoke with Royce after that day because he was fighting Muay Thai.

[b]And Royce's fight with Matt Hughes?[/b]

It was a shame that he did not use any Jiu-Jitsu. Are you Shitting me? He fucks up the fight and disrespects my father. I do not speak with him anymore. Lack of respect to call my dad to see him fight karate! After that I didn't speak with Royce anymore. He is my brother, but I can't.

lulz

I think what Relson was saying was he never had his own school in Rio, Humaita was Helio's school. When he came to U.S. he was 4 th or 5 th degree.

dannybjj - 

I find it quite surprising that he still believes you can be a top competitor in today's mma with only jiu jitsu, and that royce lost to Matt Hughes because royce fought using karate! And you wont get your face punched if you only use gracie jiu jitsu! :-\ Phone Post

i dont think any of them believe that.thats not the point.rickson told ralek it be better to lose with just gjj then to change everything he's been taught.something like that

27 yrs in the states,22 yrs champion in brazil, is relson counting his yellow belt matches?

Never hit in the face......NEVER!

Love that guy Phone Post

For later Phone Post

Best fight in world fren.

Wow,that pretty low not to talk to royce just because he lost.Bottom line is no matter what system you bring to the table victory is not guaranteed.

In Phone Post

Weird what he says about Royce, I could see him saying that about Renzo fighting Hughes since it looked like a bad kickboxing match but I dont remember Royce trying to really stand with Hughes.