Remember Home Shopping Network? What Happened?

Back in the 80s and 90s these channels used to be huge.  Every housewife in town was watching the channel, buying all the "limited edition" crap available.  It seems like these channels are totally gone now.  Or the concept is gone in general.  Did Amazon kill these guys as well?

Gone? They multiplied. And you know people buying shit off of them? Keep that to yourself, bro. Trust me.

I think they still make a ton of money from sad old people.

Lol at those videos 

440 stainless steel jewel encrusted Dragon Slayer!

Infomercials killed it

home shopping network and QVC are still going strong

people KILL to be on QVC......they take a %, but the sheer volume of product sold on QVC is gigantic

I dunno. Who still watches cable?

Haha. These are awesome. Moar???? Phone Post 3.0

BarkLikeADog - I dunno. Who still watches cable?
I get multiple shopping and god channels OTA. Phone Post 3.0

BarkLikeADog - I dunno. Who still watches cable?

You know what...I think this is the answer.  I just don't watch cable any more.  I realize with all the torrents and everything, I havent watched a commercial, infomercial or one of these shopping channels in years.  

I work for a retail company that is owned by HSN. Trust me, they are doing better than ever.

HSN is an absolute Juggernaut with the amount of volume that they do. Example: my company had a certain beauty product, and we were able to sell 300 or 400 units over the course of a month through our own channels. We placed the same item on a segment on an HSN show, and it sold 2000 units in 5 minutes.

You might not see much of their marketing if you aren't in the target demographic. They don't advertise on other channels, and their home mailings are from direct marketing lists.

Target demographic is people in middle America who are constantly watching TV. Think obese hoarders with houses full of cheap junk.

Too bad the fucking banner with the phone number obscured the view of that dude's face getting destroyed by the ladder

Moaozinho - 

You know what...I think this is the answer.  I just don't watch cable any more.  I realize with all the torrents and everything, I havent watched a commercial, infomercial or one of these shopping channels in years.  

This is really the greatest thing about the modern TV era. Commercial are straight mind pollution, and subliminal brainwashing. IF it weren't for sports I would never have to see them.

attjack - 
Moaozinho - 

This is really the greatest thing about the modern TV era. Commercial are straight mind pollution, and subliminal brainwashing. IF it weren't for sports I would never have to see them.

I don't have cable, so I watch sports thru streaming sites. The site I use for NFL games stream broadcasts from English TV channels.

They use licensed broadcasts from US networks, so the in-game announcing is the same as in the US.

However, England has strict laws on the amount of commercials that can be shown in a certain time period- something like 3 minutes an hour. So whenever the US network goes to commercial, the British network goes to the studio for game analysis. They have a team made up of former American players and nerdy English analysts, and they break down plays with game footage.

I actually prefer watching games this way. I stay in the flow of the game much better, and I don't have to watch any dumbass commercials.

phydeau -
VU, in for more awesome vids Phone Post 3.0

Kmonk - 
attjack - 
Moaozinho - 

I don't have cable, so I watch sports thru streaming sites. The site I use for NFL games stream broadcasts from English TV channels.

They use licensed broadcasts from US networks, so the in-game announcing is the same as in the US.

However, England has strict laws on the amount of commercials that can be shown in a certain time period- something like 3 minutes an hour. So whenever the US network goes to commercial, the British network goes to the studio for game analysis. They have a team made up of former American players and nerdy English analysts, and they break down plays with game footage.

I actually prefer watching games this way. I stay in the flow of the game much better, and I don't have to watch any dumbass commercials.

Nice. I have an antenna outside my house that delivers free HD 1080p sports. For stuff not available on free TV I go to the bar, or stream. I can get some pretty decent streams (and some shitty streams), but they don't compare to full HD at a high frame rate.