Remember Meerschaert promised to frustrate Chimaev

Guy talked the talk but couldn't walk the walk

“I just got to break him mentally,” Meerschaert said. “I know it’s not gonna be easy. Look, again, undefeated, tough kid, he thinks he can take on the world. But what’s gonna happen when he runs into somebody that doesn’t lay over for him? What’s gonna happen when the thing he wants to do is the worst thing for him?

“I’m gonna frustrate him. I’m gonna make him make mistakes. Then he’s gonna find himself in a position that he’s not used to and he’s gonna have to either give up, go to sleep, or he’s gonna get an appendage broken off.”

1 Like

I don't think he expected to get melted in under 20 seconds though. He was backing up to cage expecting the double leg or other shot. He seemed to see the punch, but couldn't get his lefthand up or move his head in time to avoid or block it. Smart shot for Chimaev. He knew he would be looking to defend the takedown and also the straight righthand is the best punch against southpaws. I feel a little bad foe Gerald. Would like to see Chimaev tested by someone. 

boxing wiz -

I don't think he expected to get melted in under 20 seconds though. He was backing up to cage expecting the double leg or other shot. He seemed to see the punch, but couldn't get his lefthand up or move his head in time to avoid or block it. Smart shot for Chimaev. He knew he would be looking to defend the takedown and also the straight righthand is the best punch against southpaws. I feel a little bad foe Gerald. Would like to see Chimaev tested by someone. 

Maia?

boxing wiz - 

Well, Gerald promised to test him....and you saw how that turned out.

He is a bad match up for anyon.

On a SideNote -
boxing wiz - 

boxing wiz -

And At the same time.....that man threw a fucking PISTON.  That was a mean, quick right hand. 

On a SideNote -
boxing wiz - 

He didn’t though. He was super timid and immediately allowed himself to be boxed in against the cage instead.  

Cumshot Chimaev blasted meer-shart in the eye. Tremendous.

I don’t get the point of this thread besides op being a dick head?

2 Likes

What do you expect him to say? I’m gonna fold like a lawn chair?

I think Gerald was completely focused on Chimaev shooting on his legs. He basically over analyzed Chimaev and was expecting the punch. Its a tough sport.  Chimaev looks like a beast. Unless Maia can get him down and get a chance to use his BJJ he is probably in trouble.

Shugum - What do you expect him to say? I'm gonna fold like a lawn chair?

Lol this!

"I plan on smelling ammonia within the first round, for sure, and being another stepping stone for a superior fighter."

Maybe I didn't phrase the title right and used a wrong quote in the OP but Meerschaert really talked big game before the fight. Someone mentioned he talked some smack on Ariel show? The guy mentioned that Chimaev wouldn't be able to leave the cage physically or something to that extent. But then it was a really poor showing. Of course the fight was short but even in those 17 seconds before the punch he looked extremely hesitant and, may I say, scared. That's not how you fight at all when you feel disrespected and want to prove a point.   

touch, have you seen anything about him supposedly being an isis fanboy? I am not accusing but someone here said it and I haven't seen anymore since. 

yeah that was my thread. A leader of a Chechen community in Europe mentioned that, the article is available in the web. I don't know if that guy or Chimaev himself was reached out for additional comments.

That right hand was perfect.

From a technical standpoint. A slightly birds eye view camera angle showed it from the opponents perspective and the right starts out looking like it’s going to be a hook but how he turned his hand over and the angle, just perfect.

Chimaev sympathies could indirectly be interpreted through his choice of mask for the weigh-ins

![](upload://6q2zrEHAXtny8XGeHJoBJNuAtDY.jpeg)

And I don't know what was his last entrance song but for one of his previous fights he entered to a Chechen singer who praised jihad (not in this particular song)

More fighters need to admit defeat before stepping in the cage. 

touch -

Chimaev sympathies could indirectly be interpreted through his choice of mask for the weigh-ins

![](upload://6q2zrEHAXtny8XGeHJoBJNuAtDY.jpeg)

And I don't know what was his last entrance song but for one of his previous fights he entered to a Chechen singer who praised jihad (not in this particular song)

Thats kinda loose though. Plenty of fighters come out to artists that say stupid shit. Hmmmmm

Meerschaert was dominating the first 11 to 12 seconds of the fight.