Remember the good old days?

http://web.archive.org/web/20010627173113/www.mixedmartialarts.com/

That IS old school.  That was when it truly was the "underground forum" and this truly was an underground sport!  Thanks for the blast from the past!

Nuckin Futs - That's for newbies. Submissionfighting.com is where the real no hold barred fans meet to discuss fighting.
No way man... Mousel's forum was the place to be.

Does anybody remember the guy with the middle eastern name (rami or something?) who tried to ruin mousel's forum by repeatedly posting ridiculous stuff every 20 seconds or so?  You had to scroll down and down and down before you could even find a relevant thread!  That forum didn't have any security features like this one does.  It was super annoying but some of the stuff he posted was hilarious at the same time.  That was Circa 1997.

Strange, I don't remember those colors on it. I thought it was more white.

I was an ADCC regular back then but came here to lurk

I remember the big Rickson debates that had Funaki kicking his ass.

In 2000 the whole forum, which one evades my old ass memory, kind of halted, before it erupted in a big "I told you so!" vs "Oh crap".

Could any of you dig up some old stuff like that?

ironheartcrown - Does anybody remember the guy with the middle eastern name (rami or something?) who tried to ruin mousel's forum by repeatedly posting ridiculous stuff every 20 seconds or so?  You had to scroll down and down and down before you could even find a relevant thread!  That forum didn't have any security features like this one does.  It was super annoying but some of the stuff he posted was hilarious at the same time.  That was Circa 1997.

You're thinking of Vij Pawar of course :) He makes the trolls of today or even KKM seem amatuerish.

Mousel's was a lot of fun, but you REALLY had to be careful before they started moderating it. There were some crazy things posted there.

Anyway, Mousel's and the NHB Mailing List were old school. The submissionfighting.com, UG, and Sherdog boards are all more recent than you might think.

I miss the old days, the red and black of submissionfighting.com

Now the forum is overrun with Junie Brownings

I know I should remember better, but what site had that metal NHB logo?

I miss those days

Fightingtalk.com

Yep, I remember when it looked like that.

I remember when Bas and Mo (not King Mo you fuckin newbies) talked about submissionfighting.com during the 1st round of the original Pride toury.  It was fuckin awesome!

http://web.archive.org/web/20010627173113/www.mixedmartialarts.com/

i miss the blue

My post count may not look impressive, but I quit posting for a long time, and when I came back I couldn't log in. So I created a new account.

I was all over this forum in the late 90's. My screen name was truebeliever. I remember a guy named Pink, Striker18, x<. I also remember Frankiscool. There was also a guy who had a freakishly encyclopedic knowledge of MMA. Any question he knew the answer to. Can't remember his name.

xx< or something like that. He went by Fish, I think.

fish is still around, although less so these days