Remember when games were on cassette format?

Fucking hell!

Crazy to think how far we've come in 25 years odd.

yep, played Tunnels of Doom on TI-99/4A from Cartridge/Cassette combo

then having to turn the cassetter over and press play.

Haha. some games had like half hour loading only for it to crash anyway.

Use to play Medusa on my Commodore 64. Would wait like 20 minutes for the thing to load.

I remember getting one of these systems as a small kid from my grandma and thinking it didn't work and gave it to my older cousin because I didn't know about loading times.

I went to his house once and the turd was playing the damn thing lol.

What like regular Nintendo? Anything before that, besides atari I don't remember Phone Post

Hated that shit.

Think I'd want to play a video game in an hour, so I'd set it up, and start loading, and go outside to play.

Then my dad would walk in, and turn everything off because he's "not the goddamn electric company," and I'd have to start all over....

lol

AdamStewart - What like regular Nintendo? Anything before that, besides atari I don't remember Phone Post

yes that is what i am thinking... never played anything before Atari iirc...dont rmr games being on cassettes...cartridges yes

I remember when only having a two minute C64 disc drive load time was blazingly fast.

supersaiyan - 
AdamStewart - What like regular Nintendo? Anything before that, besides atari I don't remember Phone Post

yes that is what i am thinking... never played anything before Atari iirc...dont rmr games being on cassettes...cartridges yes

LOL, i feel old.
I actually wanted a NES/master system and my dad came back with a C64, had of got me a NES i would never of experienced the cassette games.
The first console i owned was SNES.

C64
Gameboy
SNES
N64
PS1
PS2
Xbox
PSP
PS3

In order. Totally missed out NES/Master system due to my fathers inability to listen to me. lol

I remember having to adjust the "reader head" on the casett player for playing pirated games. Lots of fiddling with a screwdriver to be able to play games copied from different friends. Pirated games often had a fraction of the load times of original games. One could fit like 50 games on one tape. Great memories!

Yeah, I had a Sinclair spectrum 48k!! You had to plug it in to your own cassette player or hi-fi system with a headphone jack because it didn't have a built in cassette player! Phone Post

Atari 400 owner checkin in

First game I ever "downloaded" involved putting a cassette player/recorder in front of the TV and hitting record. There used to be a TV show on the BBC that would broadcast the sound a game made during closing credits. Fucking worked too!

Oh fuck, lol add Sinclair spectrum 48k to the list too.

Forgot about that one.

I have a Commodore VIC-20 with a cassette drive AND a modem.

I had a spectrum 48k and I remember saving up forever and buying a Sega Master system and being amazed by the fact that it loaded up straight away.

Alex Kidd in Miracle World was crazy good! I never imagined Rock, Paper, Scissors could be so tense

I had a sinclair spectrum 48k. I remember treasure island and dizzy and the old loading screen music. Phone Post