Remember when ken admitted that royce subbed him?

Class act. Phone Post

I don't recall this. Link to interview or video? Phone Post 3.0

yeah the ref missed his tap so royce held onto him after releasing the choke. royce was telling him to admit he tapped, u can see ken nod his head "i tapped".

it was no fake tap as some fans like to pretend it was

Royce released the choke but the ref didn't stop the fight. he just pointed and shouted at Ken to admit it, and Ken showed that he was not a "Matt lindland" and acknowledged that he tapped. Phone Post

The ref not only didn't stop the fight, he ordered Royce and Ken to continue fighting after Royce let the choke go. Phone Post 3.0

mrichter - Some people still believe it was a gi choke when it was plain to see it was a RNC. Phone Post 3.0

there was no good angle of the choke being filmed. it was not plain to see.

Ken said it was a Gi choke.

Ken didn't seem to admit it right away. From what I remember.... Royce was yelling at him for a few seconds before they stopped. Phone Post 3.0

Ken honorobo fighta

jkd_guy - Ken didn't seem to admit it right away. From what I remember.... Royce was yelling at him for a few seconds before they stopped. Phone Post 3.0
This. Not that Ken would've disputed it or was even thinking about it, I think he was just having trouble swallowing his pride from being defeated and having to admit it wasn't easy. Phone Post 3.0

mrichter - 
William C -
mrichter - Some people still believe it was a gi choke when it was plain to see it was a RNC. Phone Post 3.0

there was no good angle of the choke being filmed. it was not plain to see.

Ken said it was a Gi choke.
Lol..plain as day it was a RNC. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, there's SOME debate as to whether it was a "reverse" Ezekiel choke or just a RNC (that is, if Royce stuck his fingers in his gi sleeve to get leverage, or grabbed the crook of his elbow for the same effect), but if you've ever read any of Ken's stuff in his book--or seen a lot of his interviews--he seems to have a talent for....embellishing...things a bit in his favor.

So, basically what I'm saying is that when Ken talked in his book about how confounding the gi was, and how it was something foreign to him, I saw it as him trying to kind of refusing to admit that he just got caught, straight-up.

Even so, I agree with the OP that it was a classy move to admit he tapped.

According to Gracie breakdown, it was a RNC.

Ken said in the post-fight interview ''I ain't gonna lie about it, I tapped, he beat me fair and square''.

Regarding the whole 'was it an RNC or a gi choke' thing - it looked like a pretty clear RNC to me.

Here's the video.

http://youtu.be/UJWjo3dGcyA Phone Post 3.0

What's amusing is that ref was literally three feet in front if Ken watching him slap the mat like it was a bongo drum yet he doesn't stop it. I honestly believe that ref thought he was there just for show and was not even paying attention to the fight Phone Post 3.0

Bring back the old refs! We need deaths in the ring. Phone Post 3.0

Bring back the gi Phone Post 3.0

That was back when fighters had budo.

Jesus FIn Christ, it was a rear naked choke.

I've always disliked shamrock, and even when i tried to like him, he went on and said that ge got caught with a gi choke when it is blatantly obvious it was a simple rear naked choke.

His fight with Igor Vovchanchin was unbelievable.  Pride 10.

Wallace even said it was hadaka jime