Remember when ken admitted that royce subbed him?

He admitted it right after the fight. That was all the ref's fault Phone Post 3.0

He hesitated, wouldn't call it class. Gears definitely turned in his heads prior to the admission.

I always thought it was a gi choke but never really paid much attention to it. That was definitely a RNC thanks for the pic. Phone Post

SlapUsilly - 

Jesus FIn Christ, it was a rear naked choke.

I've always disliked shamrock, and even when i tried to like him, he went on and said that ge got caught with a gi choke when it is blatantly obvious it was a simple rear naked choke.

Very cool, don't remember seeing that photo before. That certainly makes it clearer.

mrichter - 
SlapUsilly -

I've always disliked shamrock, and even when i tried to like him, he went on and said that ge got caught with a gi choke when it is blatantly obvious it was a simple rear naked choke.

I've been voted down twice for not being blind apparently. RNC and it was plain to see, jesus christ its been 21yrs ago and people still seem confused? Phone Post 3.0

Has nothing to do with people being blind, as for 21 years what was very widely available was the fight footage- which did not show this angle that the photographer got. The replays showed no other angles either.

At any rate, you're acting like a smarmy little girl and were convinced before this photo was posted. So, if you based your knowledge on the video alone your assumptions would have only been guesswork at that point. Hardly crystal clear sight. I guess you can always claim to have seen this pic or some other before.

That pic is like the zapruder film of royce vs.shamrock. Phone Post

i always found that choke interesting since instead of the both hooks in back control, royce had just 1 hook from a fairly unusual position

the_sandman - He hesitated, wouldn't call it class. Gears definitely turned in his heads prior to the admission.

absolutely

SlapUsilly - 

Great photo

They touch on this in Ken Shamrock's Fightography on Fight Pass. Worth checking out if you get a chance.

BigEyedFish - 
the_sandman - He hesitated, wouldn't call it class. Gears definitely turned in his heads prior to the admission.

absolutely

Understandable. He was choked out in almost no time by a scrawny kid. Adrenaline absolutely pumping and he was completely unharmed. Going to take him a few moments to get his bearings. He still wants to fight, has a chance to do so... it's confusing

He had done pancrase before but this was a different animal. New to everyone including the refs. Its not the same as a guy with a load of pro fights doing it nowadays. Everyone knows the drill

I always figured he hesitated because he was dumbfounded that the ref not only couldn't recognize a tap, but even tried to restart the fight after the tap.  He looked like he was thinking 'Why is this guy asking us to restart?  Why is Royce screaming at me?' then realized he hadn't given a verbal response and stated very clearly that he had tapped. 

kronnchi - He also mentions that he had fought in pancrase a few days earlier, was not used to Denver's mile high elevation and had no understanding of the gi. I'm a huge shamrock fan and believe all this played a factor in the loss. Phone Post 3.0

I also believe the Pancrase rules might have fucked him up.  It's not at all unusual for refs to break up submissions in Pancrase (rope escapes) and restart the fight.  When the ref broke them up and restarted the fight, he might have figured that Royce's submission had been disallowed for some reason and that was why they were being reset.

Ian Paisley is my hero - 
BigEyedFish - 

absolutely

Understandable. He was choked out in almost no time by a scrawny kid. Adrenaline absolutely pumping and he was completely unharmed. Going to take him a few moments to get his bearings. He still wants to fight, has a chance to do so... it's confusing

He had done pancrase before but this was a different animal. New to everyone including the refs. Its not the same as a guy with a load of pro fights doing it nowadays. Everyone knows the drill

Agreed.

It's not easy to be responsive IMMEDIATELY after almost being choked out.  Give the guy a few seconds to clear his throat and gather his thoughts.

BirdWatcher - Phone Post 3.0
Legit LOL @ the ref not seeing that tap. What the fuck was he doing that he couldn't see it? Wow... Phone Post 3.0

I always thought it was a gi choke since Royce didn't have the hooks in and was almost beside shamrock. That picture is definitely a RNC though.

How the hell have I never seen that pic before either?! I also have to admit ive always wondered and thought it was more likely a gi choke cause of the original video footage angle Phone Post 3.0

He could have claimed it was stopped because of a cut...