Remember when Nick was "ducking" Mayhem?

No cardio, no standup, mediocre wrestling...yes, a nightmare matchup for Nick.

Nick ducked Hieron. Wrestling is his kryptonite. That's why he's gonna get mauled by GSP Phone Post

orcus -  No cardio, no standup, mediocre wrestling...yes, a nightmare matchup for Nick.

but he dances and acts goofy!

lurkingveteran - Nick ducked Hieron. Wrestling is his kryptonite. That's why he's gonna get mauled by GSP

Nick's kyptonite=wrestling is the biggest fuckin myth circulating around unknowledgable fans parroting what other clueless people say.

If GSP beats Nick, it's because he's a superior fighter, not because wrestling is Nick's kryptonite.

You have no FUCKIN IDEA how good Diaz's BJJ is

kanodogg2 - 
BJ penn is a quality fighter..... But he is a 155er Phone Post

bullsheet 11'er

BJ Penn fought at

welterweight against matt hughes in 2004 

middleweight against Rodrigo Gracie in 2005

openweight against lyoto machida in 2005

welterweight against hughes in 2006

welterweight against gsp in 2006

welterweight against gsp again in 2009

welterweight against matt hughes in 2010

welterweight against jon fitch in 2011

welterweight against nick diaz in 2011

thats 9 professional fights above lightweight, most at welterweight, 1 at middleweight and 1 openweight from 2004 to 2011 and its not like u can pull the "he dont belong above 155" card since he first fought welterweight in 2004.

kinkle - 
ShanTheMan -
kinkle -
ShanTheMan -

Nick Diaz ducked Mayhem, but fought BJ Penn, and is now fighting GSP.

Yeah that makes perfect sense.... those two fights are so much easier than Mayhem...... You are very smart....

Justify in your gay little mind however you like. He still ducked Mayhem, even though he likely would have mauled him.

Never said Nick wasn't able to beat Mayhem, which is why it baffles me that he ducked like he did.

Because he didn't want to give Mayhem the spotlight he never deserved, he had better things to focus on than move up in weight to fight some fucktard where the losses far outweight the benefits (Mayhem didn't even have a belt).

Nick is fighting for the UFC WW Belt, Mayhem's next fight will probably be on facebook. LMAO, you idiots still don't get it, it isn't considered ducking, when a HEAVIER FIGHTER tells you to fight at a HEAVIER WEIGHT, Nick Diaz said he would be fine fighting him at 170, but Mayhem declined.

You are right in a way. Nick only wanted him to be in the spotlight when it was 5 on 1.

ImGladUmad - Diaz Ducked mayhem.

Hindsight, Diaz would've finished him in the 2nd round.

I guess Shields must of told Diaz that Mayhem is very good.

yeah, you must be right

the fact that they were in two seperate weight classes had nothing to do with it.

Nick Diaz ducked Jay Heroin, and mayhem miller

so he could fight easier competition like Paul Daley, BJ Penn, and GSP

Mayhem destroys him.

Jamiee -
lurkingveteran - Nick ducked Hieron. Wrestling is his kryptonite. That's why he's gonna get mauled by GSP

Nick's kyptonite=wrestling is the biggest fuckin myth circulating around unknowledgable fans parroting what other clueless people say.

If GSP beats Nick, it's because he's a superior fighter, not because wrestling is Nick's kryptonite.

You have no FUCKIN IDEA how good Diaz's BJJ is

Err.. Sorry to break to u..it's not a myth...he may gave great guard but it's pure stats... He has no takedown defence ..he did duck Hieron (I have insider knowledge ooooooh, I'm such a liar, actually I'm not). So if u take a pure guard player against a dominant wrestler who knows his sub defence.. He,d have to be ellite level guard subs v lower than mediocre wrestler to even get to 50 50 win percentage playing that game. I myself am obsessed playing guard cos so I checked it out. Diaz needs a miracle and gSp to forget wresting 101 for a sub Phone Post

Umm, you're most definietly not an insider.
Also Penn took down Fitch with far more ease than Nick.

Penn was successful on 2 out of 3 TDA against Fitch.
Penn was successful on 1 out of 4 TDA against Diaz.

Penn had far more trouble taking down Diaz than Fitch. Also Diaz submitted high level Black Belts in grappling matches. And the seamless manner in which he transitioned & submitted Cyborg & Sakurai are eye-openning. The way he shut down Penn's guard passing attempts is also incredible That shit just doesn't happen to Penn when BJ's on top

That said, I agree that Nick isn't stuffing GSP's takedowns no matter how much wrestling he trains during this camp. Better to just fine-tune your strengths and tailor them to your opponent. He can work to sweep or throw up submissions. He probably won't get them, but that can force a scramble allowing him to get up, or to snag a submission in the scramble. Scrambles are when good grapplers submit good grapplers.

Also playing guard isn't just about "catching" someone with a submission. When a fight features two high level grapplers, a lot of those sub/sweep attempts are utilized for the purpose of generating scrambles.

you clearly haven't grappled.

role model - 
kinkle -
ShanTheMan - Had it happened 2 yrs ago who knows.....

That's right nobody ever will because Nick ducked

Nick Diaz ducked Mayhem, but fought BJ Penn, and is now fighting GSP.

Yeah that makes perfect sense.... those two fights are so much easier than Mayhem...... You are very smart....
What does him fighting small WW BJ Penn have to do with Mayhem?

Do you think BJ would beat mayhem? LOL. You need a schooling in logic 101

Wait a second... you think Mayhem would beat BJ?

Please tell me you're joking...

Nick got a fight with GSP...Mayhem got roughed up by Bisping. I think we know who the winner of this grudge match is.

To me last nights fight makes Diaz look even worse for tucking against Mayhem.

And don't give me this he fought BJ Penn who is a legend blah blah blah he still avoided a fight with a guy he physically assaulted with several other men. Phone Post