remember when tito fought royce gracie? (FRAT)

MartialArtsMixed - i don't get why people lie about those kind of things
Martial Arts has always attracted kooks and weirdos. I'm 41 and been doing combat sports and martial arts since I was 15 and I can't recall a time where weirdos and kooks didn't come with the territory. I have dozens of stories from "real" life ninjas, to people who beat up cops for fun, to training with a Miyagi, to being an assassin.

I like how they paid him and then threw him in the pool.

ausgepicht - 
Martial Arts has always attracted kooks and weirdos. I'm 41 and been doing combat sports and martial arts since I was 15 and I can't recall a time where weirdos and kooks didn't come with the territory. I have dozens of stories from "real" life ninjas, to people who beat up cops for fun, to training with a Miyagi, to being an assassin.

Agree. I've been a member here since 01, followed the sport years before, through SEG dark ages etcetc.

I don't think I've known any other sport, other than pro wrestling, which has the most comical BS fans and wannabes.

In the early days, a guy once told me he was armbarred by a BJJ guy but he escaped, by PUNCHING his OWN arm to prevent it from being hyperextended. Riiight.

I once had to argue with a guy that Jean-Claude Van Damme in fact never fought in the UFC, nor did he "kick everyone's ass".

The IT guy at work insists that if Royce came out of retirement he'd kick everyone's ass Phone Post

Cant believe none of you idiots remember Royce vs Tito.

You no have Xbox? Phone Post

cm81 - 
ausgepicht - 

Agree. I've been a member here since 01, followed the sport years before, through SEG dark ages etcetc.

I don't think I've known any other sport, other than pro wrestling, which has the most comical BS fans and wannabes.

In the early days, a guy once told me he was armbarred by a BJJ guy but he escaped, by PUNCHING his OWN arm to prevent it from being hyperextended. Riiight.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Joshua J King - Watching 148 at a friends house,one of his friends was going on about how Anderson clean KO'd Forrest about six months ago when he was still the jrhw champ(Forrest). Phone Post

Junior Heavyweight?

Sweet...

MMA is a curious sport in so far as the whackos and liars who claim to be fighters, or "escape an armbar by punching their own arm, act tough at bars telling everyone they "train UFC", etc etc.

It's really puzzling, since you don't see that in any other sport.

You don't hear anyone at the bar telling people how they tackled Adrian Peterson at a keg party, or show up at the bar wearing a flame-retardant Nascar racing suit to show off that they "train".

No other sport do you get the fakes and bullshitters like you do with MMA.

darkness66 - The IT guy at work insists that if Royce came out of retirement he'd kick everyone's ass Phone Post

Show him the Matt Hughes fight.

Chimonos Revenge -No other sport do you get the fakes and bullshitters like you do with MMA.

I think this is an extention of martial arts in general.

Can't believe you noobs never saw the Tito/Royce fight? Granted it was during the 'dark times' when events were seldom shown but me and all my buds were using a cracked cable transmission and we watched Tito get choked the F out.

Short memories man Phone Post

ttt

Heard a similar story but the guy was talking about when Faber fought Diego Sanchez. Dude told me he could barely stand to watch cause he likes both fighters so much. Lol Phone Post

lol

cm81 - 

legit armbar defense right there. you must not trane ufc, thats why you dont know.

Anyone else have to listen about people getting literally killed in the cage during the early years? I also had people mistake UFC for WWE and say its fake because "all wrestling is fake". Phone Post

2JupitersTooMany -  Shortest FRAT EVA!

Lol Phone Post

It's sad that so many randoms only know Kimbo and Brock.
they are often good dudes and just need some education.

I used the be the only guy at work following "ultimate fighting" But when I started a betting pool for big fights (with links for fighter info and highlight), it really sparked an interest. They are now 3-4 who watches every event.

Potential money gain and beautiful violence will always be winning combo amongst men.

Chimonos Revenge - MMA is a curious sport in so far as the whackos and liars who claim to be fighters, or "escape an armbar by punching their own arm, act tough at bars telling everyone they "train UFC", etc etc.

It's really puzzling, since you don't see that in any other sport.

You don't hear anyone at the bar telling people how they tackled Adrian Peterson at a keg party, or show up at the bar wearing a flame-retardant Nascar racing suit to show off that they "train".

No other sport do you get the fakes and bullshitters like you do with MMA.

I've been told by one friend that Wandy vs Chuck was the worst fight he ever watched.

One guy tells me that his step-dad was a champion greco-roman wrestler and that he was part of an elite circle of Karate practitioners. Plus he isn't allowed to compete "UFC" because he knows moves that could kill a man instantly.

Same guy tries to get me to "spar" with his dad because I basically said he was full of shit. Turns out his step-dad was a really nice man, who did indeed trane Karate and Greco but would be the first to tell you that he wasn't very good.

Brash fat (very fat) guy at bar tells me that he used to be a boxer but he KO'd a guy so hard that he was banned from the gym for life. Proceeds to call me an idiot when I tried to explain that Anderson Silva was avoiding KO'ing Sonnen (the first fight at 117) and instead trying to sub him for what he said about the Nog brothers. Then Silva subbed him.

Friend of a friend tells me that his Uncle is 250-0 in bare knuckle street fights. I asked if his Uncle was Rickson Gracie, he didn't get it. =(

These are just stories off the top of my head, sorry for the long post.