" Remember , You're Not The Champ Until You Defend The Title " - Bones

on Jones has sent Francis Ngannou a message after catching word that the reigning UFC heavyweight champion is still holding out for a fight.

After Ngannou knocked out Stipe Miocic in their rematch at UFC 260 to claim the promotions heavyweight strap, it was expected that his first title defense would come against Jones.
fter all, Jon Jones had vacated his light heavyweight title in the summer of 2020, this while announcing his intentions of making a run at the UFC’s heavyweight throne. However, negotiations between ‘Bones’ and Dana White for the proposed super-fight with ‘The Predator’ hit an immediate snag and the officials quickly moved away from the matchup.

The brash UFC boss most recently suggested that a rematch with Derrick Lewis was the “right fight to make” for Francis Ngannou’s first title defense, but ‘The Predator’ has a different opinion.

“I want Jon Jones. Oh, definitely,” Ngannou said to TMZ Sports. “I don’t care about what the talks say. I would love that fight. I love that fight. “I’m impressed (with Jones), I know he’s very skilled, very talented, but we are both men.”

A rematch between Francis Ngannou and Derrick Lewis has yet to be made official by the UFC, so there is still hope for a potential Jon Jones super-fight.

With that said, ‘Bones‘ was quick to issue the following words of warning for ‘The Predator’ after catching word of his recent comments.

2 Likes

For years i been saying JBJ belongs at HW but damn now that Francis is champ I think he shoulda stayed at 205 lol

3 Likes

Champs need to fight top contenders and stop hand picking opponents.

Jon has never even fought at HW.

1 Like

You’re also not champ when you piss hot and are stripped of the title.

8 Likes

Ya, hiding under a ring to avoid a piss test. Real champ material there.

ಠ_ಠ

4 Likes

Interested to see the fight with such close reach and height.

1 Like

I think Jones wins this. He is the GOAT hands down.

Depends which Bones shows up though. If it’s the one who fought OSP, lights out.

If it’s JBJ on his A-game, which we’ve seen for the majority of his fights, he wins.

So there is not heavyweight champ?

Always thought that was a dumb fucking thing to say