Remembering Rumina Sato

One should never be permitted to utter the great Sato's name, without also mentioning his flying inverted triangle win.....in 1995

https://youtu.be/HUQJfBchYuU

https://youtu.be/KLZ6PKGwkw8

nrallen -

Wow, that backfired. I'm no journalist. Just writing about an exciting fighter I admire from the past. JOB I think did something similar about Akira Shoji. 

Next time I will be bettered researched and avoid the contentious heading... apologies. 

No worries! Sato was one of tiger masks best early guys, and always put on a show, win or lose.

1 Like

Rip

nrallen - 

Wow, that backfired. I'm no journalist. Just writing about an exciting fighter I admire from the past. JOB I think did something similar about Akira Shoji. 

Next time I will be bettered researched and avoid the contentious heading... apologies. 

well it looks like it landed you a bluename, so it’s a win :smiley:

Just to clarify, the thread title is bullshit clickbait. Sato is alive and kicking

Great read Brother K, but perhaps next time start with "Hey guys, hes. NOT DEAD btw"...

That being said, Shooto had some exciting fighters...

loved his sherdog highlight

he is arguably the first fighter to ever submit a bjj black belt in modern mma

rumina was a great grappler.

greatest fights with joel gerson

He was so exciting to watch!! Nice thread OP

de braco -

Just to clarify, the thread title is bullshit clickbait. Sato is alive and kicking

The thread is about remembering his career. Hence the thread title "Remembering Rumina Sato" 

Not sure why you think it's clickbait.

what's with the clickbait-y thread title? lol

Joshinho -
de braco -

The thread is about remembering his career. Hence the thread title "Remembering Rumina Sato" 

don't even try it, bro

Rumina was amazing! He was also very loyal to Shooto. Goodto see him getting taken care of by shooto now!

Rumina was possible my favorite fighter back in the day. Very fond memories of watching his Shooto fights on bootleg VHS tapes in the 90's and 2000's. Calf slicers, inverted triangle chokes, and his famous flying armbar. I really hated seeing his decline, though. The beat down he took from Hellboy Hansen really drove home the reality that he'd never be what he once was again. 

At one point, he was supposed to fight in UFC and Mike Goldberg called him "Ramona." 

He was never really the same after the pederneiras kick in the head 

Joshinho -
de braco -

I’m sure that is what passes for wit to the demolition derby & Milwaukees best crowd. 

Joshinho - 
de braco -

TBH i thought the thread was about him being dead too.

Sato is a legend though and one of my favorites.  Young white/blue belt me couldn't undersrtand how he was beating bjj black belts.