Renato Laranja talks poonchang, Señor Aoki + more

Our friend Elias Cepeda caught up to Renato at "Metamucil 2," and the 27x World Champ was in rare form. Enjoy.

Caralho!

Ive seen a bunch of stuff with Renato but I never understood what his deal was.

It's a joke, right? Isnt the guy American and it's just a persona? Or am I totally wrong?

TheOne - 

It's a joke, right? Isnt the guy American and it's just a persona? Or am I totally wrong?

You should watch his Mundial matches or his DVD set.  He's legit.

Sub for later Phone Post

Unseen - 
TheOne - 

I know he's a fictional persona but I was looking for more of a why, like backgound.

Wins Phone Post 3.0

TheOne -
Unseen - 
TheOne - 

I know he's a fictional persona but I was looking for more of a why, like backgound.

Mainly because he has won 27 gold medals at the mundials. Phone Post 3.0

The Loge - 
TheOne -
Unseen - 
TheOne - 

Mainly because he has won 27 gold medals at the mundials. Phone Post 3.0

Not only is Renato a 27 time world champ, but he was also taught how to grapple directly by Mitsuyo Maeda himself. He then went and modified the style, and opened up the first brazilian jiu-jitsu school in Rio De Janeiro, essentially founding BJJ. He then took on the Gracies as students, who obviously would branch off and found Gracie JJ. The Gracies owe Renato for their decades of success. Furthermore, who knows where MMA would be today if Renato hadn't given the art of BJJ to the world. The man is deserving of everyones hespect, especially those who can appreciate ground fighting.

Henatch!!! Phone Post 3.0

Unseen - 
TheOne - 

ttt for fruits and vegetables.

TheOne - 

Don't you ever think of Renato Laranja as a joke, mother fucker.

I made that mistake once, he kimura'd me, and now I'm dead.

TheOne - 

Caralho, you think it's a joke guy? When Henatch cross collar chokes your ass the joke will be on you!

I don't like his attitude but he is probably the best grappler on the planet Phone Post 3.0

For later Phone Post 3.0

I'm not sure how you can not laugh constantly at that dude!!!

He is funny and hell..... but more importantly LEGIT.

Speaking of poonchang, the interview he crashed with Nam Phan was funny as hell too! Not sure where to find it though.

I love that guy man, he is so funny and quick witted! There was so much gold in that I don't even know where to start.

My favorite part of this is 2:35-2:39 where Elias appears to be visibly shaken by the "poonchang" line.

Gold...freaking gold