Rener Gracie and his footlock

TTT

Lautaro:
Great comment!

"dealing with mature and safety minded people, these dangers are greatly minimized"

AMEN!!!!

For ANYONE who can attest to having this type of training environment available to them. Please RECOGNIZE that for longevity in BJJ. It's PRICELESS.

I really enjoy watching vids of Ryron and Rener teach. They are very detailed and everything I've seen from them is solid. Great stuff.

Rick T - Lautaro:
Great comment!

"dealing with mature and safety minded people, these dangers are greatly minimized"

AMEN!!!!

For ANYONE who can attest to having this type of training environment available to them. Please RECOGNIZE that for longevity in BJJ. It's PRICELESS.

BOOM !! most correct statement for bjj 2009

its not so much they are dangerous moves perse moreso its to do with ppl not knowing the proper mechanics to recognize the "danger" before its too late.

SgtMac - The funny thing is the Gracie academy used to be the source of "leg locks are cheap" .They were always quick to criticize what they didnt know or didnt like. Now the younger generation made them a big part of their game. Good for them. I always felt the oleg taktarovs and rumina satos of the world were just as " technical" as sperry or gurgel just in different ways.

Way back in 96 I attended a Royce Gracie seminar and since I was friends with the host I got to hang out with Royce and his wife and I asked about GJJ and leg locks. He pretty much said that they didnt like to teach them until people had mastered passing the guard. The next day during the "advanced seminar" he put on a leg lock clinic.

rener and ryron's videos are awesome

very detailed

TV - I really enjoy watching vids of Ryron and Rener teach. They are very detailed and everything I've seen from them is solid. Great stuff.

+1.......