Rental car, cops called me for what I left in it..

I rented a car for two days last week. After I cleaned our stuff out of it, there was a plastic bag in the corner of the trunk. I went to check it out, but there was a smaller bag of black bolts sitting on top of it, so I figured it was parts for the car and I closed the trunk and returned it.

About a half hour later I look at my phone and I had two missed calls from the same number and one voice mail. It was from the police station and they wanted me to call them. I called and she asked me if I had rented the car. "Yes". If I was in possession of the car the entire time. "Yes".

Did I forget anything in the car? "No, I don't think so."

Well you did leave something and I need you to come in and talk about it.

Me: "Is it something illegal?"

Her: "Yes."

Me: "Was it in the trunk?"

Me: "In a plastic bag?"

Me: "Yeah, that isn't mine..."

I know, probably a great example of why one should have a lawyer!

cont'd

Phone Post 3.0

In for OP's eventual prison rape. Phone Post 3.0

In Phone Post 3.0

popcorn.gif

Go on...

There's no way they can prove that it's yours.....DO NOT TALK TO THEM WITH OUT A LAWYER Phone Post 3.0

Moar Phone Post 3.0

jackbone - There's no way they can prove that it's yours.....DO NOT TALK TO THEM WITH OUT A LAWYER Phone Post 3.0
This! Phone Post 3.0

So what was in the bag????????

in

WHAT'S IN THE BOX (BAG)!!!!!

On the way there I'm running through the possibilities of what it could be and the thought of a bag of weed, a needle or maybe bloody underwear are scenarios I imagine.

So  I go in to the station and she takes me into a questioning room and holds up a plastic bag full of hypodermic needles. Which surprised me because I only imagined maybe one.

She asks me if it's mine. I say it isn't. Then I get to play the guessing game of what I think it is. I go big right away and say heroin. Wrong answer. Then I say maybe insulin for a diabetic. Nope, wrong again.

At this point she asks if I ever go to the gym. I kind of yelled steroids excitedly with my guess like it was a quiz show. She says yep, it's steroids. Which I found relaxing because I didn't think steroids were as big of a deal as a narcotic.

So then she grilled me hard to try and get me to crack... at least as hard as a hot mid 20's hot blond female can intimidate someone. Which is not at all.

She'd try and ask questions that she thought would shock or scare me and put me on the defensive, but they were all things I had already thought of so I'd finish her sentence and say, "Yeah, I wondered that too."

Her: "They found this when cleaning the car after your rental, so..."

Me: "So if it isn't mine and was already there, why didn't they find it before I rented it? I have no idea."

She told me the needles were used and they could get my dna and fingerprints off of them. Which totally set me at ease because that's my ace in the hole for getting out of it.

So that's about all there is to the story for now, not sure how much further it will go,

Mookie 3:16 -

So what was in the bag????????

My client has NO IDEA! Phone Post 3.0

Not smart. Phone Post 3.0

Mayfield - 
jackbone - There's no way they can prove that it's yours.....DO NOT TALK TO THEM WITH OUT A LAWYER Phone Post 3.0
This! Phone Post 3.0

this.

How exactly did they know it was steroids? You don't mention any vials in there, so they got CSI on it in half an hour and they identified the residue in it as such? Also, who keeps used steroid syringes?

Sorry, but

noneofthishappened.jpg

Oh my god. Why would you even take a guess at what the needle were used for? Had you gotten it right the first time they would for sure have used that against you. Even now they can twist what you said around and say that you knew what they were used for with out being told. Alway get a lawyer, expecially if you are innocent. Phone Post 3.0

Mayfield - Oh my god. Why would you even take a guess at what the needle were used for? Had you gotten it right the first time they would for sure have used that against you. Even now they can twist what you said around and say that you knew what they were used for with out being told. Alway get a lawyer, expecially if you are innocent. Phone Post 3.0

Exactly.  They aren't going to account for the fact it took you three guesses to get it right.  They are going to use the fact that you guessed it at all as proof.

When the police are building a case, they don't give a shit whether you are  innocent or guilty.  Their only concern is finding enough evidence to put you away and close the case so they can move on to the next one.  If you are actually guilty, well thats icing on the cake but certainly not a necessary criteria.