Rental car question

So were looking into doing a west coast road trip next spring from San Francisco to Seattle over about 2 weeks.

Does anyone have tips or tricks on how to get a reasonable rate for rental cars with a different drop location? Or even out of the box ideas? The cheap places I found charge like a $400 drop fee for a different location!

OG always has the solution! Phone Post 3.0

Blow some dude who works at Budget at the pickup location. But you really have to be into. Eye contact is critical. Phone Post 3.0

OP - my kid sis is owner/operator for a small Budget at a rural airport. She said she can look up some steep discount codes when she's in the office tomorrow, if you can wait a bit.

I still think the BJs would help, though. Phone Post 3.0

GettaJaab - OP - my kid sis is owner/operator for a small Budget at a rural airport. She said she can look up some steep discount codes when she's in the office tomorrow, if you can wait a bit.

I still think the BJs would help, though. Phone Post 3.0
You're the man. It's not til April so no rush, i probably won't book anything until after the new year once plane tickets are purchased.

VU! Phone Post 3.0

Make it a round trip, Vegas to NorCal to Seattle to Salt Lake & back to Vegas.

400 is a lot for a drop off fee. In my experience it's 150. Be patient with your planning. Sometimes there is no rhyme or reason to rates. Keep checking, but don't wait too last minute if you can. One company may have mid size with unlimited miles and another may have a sweet SUV for way less. Sometimes on the multi-state drop off there is a mile chare like .40cents. Sometimes, depending on distance it's still economical. All depends. Obviously unlimited mileage and no extra fees is ideal

Lots of options and variables. Do the math and you should be able to find a good deal.

Roundtrip is always cheaper... Phone Post 3.0

1. If you have need for regular rental car use, use a loyalty program and you could get huge discounts or free rentals by the time your trip comes around.

2. Check different professional association websites for discount codes you can use.

3. Shop around on the drop off locations. In my experience the more rural the drop off the more expensive the fee.

4. Ask for discounts at the counter.

5. Flirt with the counter person. This works more for upgrades, but you can get a deal on rates sometimes too.

6. Check your personal auto insurance for the coverage you may have while driving any vehicle. You may not need as much rental insurance as you think.

7. Check your credit card for any insurance coverage it may provide for rental cars. I know at one point American Express offered free limited coverage for rental cars when cardholders used their AMEX for the rental.

WikiTheWalrus - 1. If you have need for regular rental car use, use a loyalty program and you could get huge discounts or free rentals by the time your trip comes around.

2. Check different professional association websites for discount codes you can use.

3. Shop around on the drop off locations. In my experience the more rural the drop off the more expensive the fee.

4. Ask for discounts at the counter.

5. Flirt with the counter person. This works more for upgrades, but you can get a deal on rates sometimes too.

6. Check your personal auto insurance for the coverage you may have while driving any vehicle. You may not need as much rental insurance as you think.

7. Check your credit card for any insurance coverage it may provide for rental cars. I know at one point American Express offered free limited coverage for rental cars when cardholders used their AMEX for the rental.
awesome advice. VU! Phone Post 3.0

ttt Phone Post 3.0

WIkiTheWalrus is correct.

I have about 75 rentals a year and use National almost always. Weekly rates are lower than daily rates, check rates on the rental company websites because the charges change daily depending on where they need more or less cars in the locations you're picking up and dropping off. Ive seen charges change hundreds of dollars checking several times in one day.

Do you have AAA or other type of membership? Alot of time thru those you get deals on that sort of shit Phone Post 3.0

From my sister:

Hertz 1736927. I'll get you sweet ones for budget and Avis tomorrow.
Who's it for?

I'm gonna tell her it's for a friend who can no longer give handjobs. That'll play the sympathy card real nice. Phone Post 3.0

In Phone Post 3.0

"Flirt with the counter person. "

This sure is presumptuous.

GettaJaab - From my sister:

Who's it for?

I'm gonna tell her it's for a friend who can no longer give handjobs. That'll play the sympathy card real nice. Phone Post 3.0

sent you a PM

GettaJaab - From my sister:

Who's it for?

Vtfu for an OG'er helping another OG'er Phone Post 3.0

cswhitey321 -

Who's it for?

sent you a PM
I never use the website... Says I have to be your friend before I can reply to PM, but then won't let me friend request you.

Message received. Hit me up as you get closer to trip. I can get better codes. Phone Post 3.0

GettaJaab -
cswhitey321 -

Who's it for?

sent you a PM
I never use the website... Says I have to be your friend before I can reply to PM, but then won't let me friend request you.

Message received. Hit me up as you get closer to trip. I can get better codes. Phone Post 3.0
I need a rental car in Phx on Tuesday if anyone can help. 1 month.

Magicalray@aol.com Phone Post 3.0

Try that code above. Phone Post 3.0